Archived New to NYC Store ~ QUESTIONS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started working at a Target here in NYC, maybe two or three weeks ago as a Cashier and I have a few questions.

One: Who / When should I go to , to ask for a specific day off? Or how do I go about swapping shifts with someone if I'm already scheduled for that day.
Two: Lol, can I register for a RedCard at my own register when the stores slow? Like, not just to have my redcard numbers go up, but because I want one for myself and I figure WHY NOT do it myself. Or is this against some rules?

i'm sure i have more questions but these are the burning ones lol

Yeah I completed my learning plan my first day. I've been on registers by myself for quite a while. Actually, since my second day there I've been pretty much on my own besides when I call a GSTL over for help on something.
And on eHR ( which only works for me in-store btw -_- ) I'd go to the Requesting Time Off area correct? I thought so yesterday, but thought "time off" sounded a little more extended than just the one day I need off.
I only see my GSTL's when I'm actually on register and they're always running around ( we're a very VERY busy store ) so I'm not sure when I can ask them about shift swapping and schedules..or anything not related to immediate transactions for that matter.

Talk to your GSTL/GSA/TL/LOD before shift starts, or afterwards. Or, find them before you jump on register.

eHR for scheduling (time off, view schedule, etc) is only permitted to work in-store. Can't get on from home.

You cannot sign up for your own redcard during slow times. Ask your GSTL/GSA to put a register in training mode so you can see how it works.

One word of advice. NEVER EVER do something on the register yourself that involves a transaction. Like signing yourself up for a red card/checking yourself out things of that nature.

If you want to swap shifts with someone, the proper way to do this is to fill out the swap shift binder (should be located on the schedule board). Put down your name, the date and time of the shift you need covered, and the workcenter. Other TMs usually check this board daily, and hopefully someone will pick up your shift for you. Note: You are still responsible for working your shift until you see that (1) someone has agreed to take your hours and filled out the remainder of the sheet and (2) an ETL has initialed the sheet for approval and change of schedule in the computer.

If the shift is less than 1 week out, you may need to ask around in addition to filling out the board, especially if it's for a specialty workcenter. Cashier and Sales Floor shifts can usually be picked up fairly easily without a lot of begging.

Thank you guys! and yeah I didn't plan on doing the RedCard myself, it was just a little wonder in my mind :) Thanks again everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back