Archived New Unload Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target has a lot of unrealistic expectations which in turn is causing a lot of us vs. them problems between management and team members. A problem that is growing rapidly with the recent changes. This is bad, very bad.

A problem that if left unresolved, will shut down an operation

By the way, when did this 10 AM unload process start?

No one who is involved has yet to disclose their sales volume.
We were told that it is coming soon and that if your availability didn't fit too bad, either start looking for another job or if space permits another work center. We do around $30Mil/yr

10am unload is not getting finished until 3pm. Not enough team members to push the stuff at that time to the sales floor so I come in at 6am the next day and there’s usually 80% of the truck to still be pushed. Then they go to unload that days truck and they’re screaming over the walkies that they need u-boats cause they’re all tied up being pushed because most team members are coming in later than me at 6am.

Has anyone else heard anything about this? Will it be a company wide thing or store by store based on volume? (How some were overnights, 4am, 6am, etc.)

We are doing 10am soon. We should do it at 8am.

Do you know if it's a company wide thing? I asked if we were going to 10am today and they said 'we don't know, everything is changing around here' which has been their response to everything I ask them about the changes.

I don't know if they actually don't know or if they have been told to keep quiet.

Last edited:
10 am unload for a Saturday truck? Good luck meeting those corporate provided stocking times. Yikes.

Today we had 3 people for the whole truck and I heard they want to cut it down to two. I'm thinking they want to make the unload more of a day long process then what was once a quick 45, hour or what is now 2-2.5. If we start at 10am we might finish up by 10pm.

Today we had 3 people for the whole truck and I heard they want to cut it down to two. I'm thinking they want to make the unload more of a day long process then what was once a quick 45, hour or what is now 2-2.5. If we start at 10am we might finish up by 10pm.

It's crazy. The truck has to get unloaded as soon as possible if for no other reason than the diaper wall needs to be replenished. We're a 6 am unload store. Someone comes in at 7 to take the first flat of diapers out. There's always another flat waiting for them when they get done. We're going to lose a lot of repeat sales if there aren't diapers on the shelves at Target in the morning and Wal-Mart has them stocked, which I assume they do. And that will cost us a lot of sales of other items. What's the point reeling guests in with constant diaper deals if we aren't getting them off the truck and on the shelves before the guests come in?

I don't think having a DBO in domestics who is there stocking while guests are in the store is going to make up for those sales. I don't know maybe the plan is to have that DBO teach guests how to use Project 62 towels as diapers? That sounds like something corporate would think up.

It's crazy. The truck has to get unloaded as soon as possible if for no other reason than the diaper wall needs to be replenished. We're a 6 am unload store. Someone comes in at 7 to take the first flat of diapers out. There's always another flat waiting for them when they get done. We're going to lose a lot of repeat sales if there aren't diapers on the shelves at Target in the morning and Wal-Mart has them stocked, which I assume they do. And that will cost us a lot of sales of other items. What's the point reeling guests in with constant diaper deals if we aren't getting them off the truck and on the shelves before the guests come in?

I don't think having a DBO in domestics who is there stocking while guests are in the store is going to make up for those sales. I don't know maybe the plan is to have that DBO teach guests how to use Project 62 towels as diapers? That sounds like something corporate would think up.
Hey with the popularity of cloth diapers these days maybe Target isn’t missing as many sales as you think.

I get what you’re saying.

Hey with the popularity of cloth diapers these days maybe Target isn’t missing as many sales as you think.

I get what you’re saying.

Next Target Ad focus: Hearth & Hand by Magnolia cloth diapers

Karens everywhere: Oh! Those are just the perfect thing for my new living room decor

Target DBO: We're out of stock, but this Hearth & Hand jump rope would go perfectly with the living room design I haven't seen!

. We're going to lose a lot of repeat sales if there aren't diapers on the shelves at Target in the morning and Wal-Mart has them stocke

Absolutely. I get guests almost daily checking out at 8:10 am with diapers. Guests checking out that early grab whatever they urgently need and get out. They aren't going to wait while we check in the back.

Absolutely. I get guests almost daily checking out at 8:10 am with diapers. Guests checking out that early grab whatever they urgently need and get out. They aren't going to wait while we check in the back.

Yeah. And, we make all of those moms with at least one young child and maybe more either walk through the middle of women's softlines or walk past all of the kids/toddlers clothes and toys. What toy section do they see first? Oh, It's Melissa and Doug's line of toys for young childern. Pick your poison, guest mom. You WILL see what else we sell that might interest you on the way to those diapers. You might not buy the other stuff today, but you'll be back.

Next Target Ad focus: Hearth & Hand by Magnolia cloth diapers

Karens everywhere: Oh! Those are just the perfect thing for my new living room decor

Target DBO: We're out of stock, but this Hearth & Hand jump rope would go perfectly with the living room design I haven't seen!
Don't judge me but I bought Hearth and Hand baby clothes online. They were on clearance. I didn't even know it was a thing until I stumbled upon them.

In NYS. If actually happens here (according to ETL's it is, but who knows for sure) hope they are aware of the law. Mercantile employees and all other employees covered by New York’s labor laws are entitled to a 30-minute break between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.

This makes about as much sense as introducing stupid to dumb ass.

I'll tell you what's going to happen, a guest is going to get hurt, most likely a child. It's not going to be a matter of if, but when. I've seen a lot close calls where guest were just not paying attention and almost walking into a U boat or tripped over a bulk pallet a team member was working on. I've even seen guest get between the U boat and the team member while they were trying to pull it from location to location. Then you have their kids doing whatever.

Go 10 AM on busy days and problems will happen.

A Team Member will get terminated even though it wasn't their fault and Spot will be out a lot of coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back