Archived Newbie on the board and to Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only had orientation so far, all that form-filling, video watching and a quick tour. Start training tomorrow (cashier). It's going to be quite a change of pace for me but looking forward to something new and different. And where I won't have to spend half of my work day outside (esp in the Maine cold).

I've already read up on a few of the tips threads which have indeed helped. :)

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Thank you for the welcomes!

Well, I made it through my first day on the lanes. They did kind of end up just throwing me into fish tank after observing for 10 minutes but I guess how else are you really going to learn it. Messed up quite a bit first but then things evened out. I have to learn more about this Cartwheel. I'm not really up to date on smart phone stuff since mine is, well, old so I had astonishingly never really heard of it before today. I actually ended up staying later than I was supposed to work, which could be good some days but it made a first day very tiring mentally. I close tomorrow and I'm hoping (after already working the early afternoon at my other job) I will still retain everything I learned today lol. There was a funny moment when the machine asked me to card someone for...altoids. I was like "wtf are they putting in them now?"

Here to hoping I settle in fast and pick up the rest of my basics this week. I have to close next Friday and open on Saturday so I'm likely going to be running on auto pilot.

The easiest way to learn about Cartwheel is to use it yourself. If you have a Facebook account, you can set up your own Cartwheel. You don't have to use the smart phone app, you can do it on a computer and print out your barcode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back