Archived Niemann Marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question. What do we do the with maternity stuff? Should we leave it in the backroom in z-racks and fill as the NM are gone or should we flex in somewhere, or perhaps just leave the z-rack on the softline floor...

Question. What do we do the with maternity stuff? Should we leave it in the backroom in z-racks and fill as the NM are gone or should we flex in somewhere, or perhaps just leave the z-rack on the softline floor...

WE flexed our along the back wall of ready to wear. Oh god, I would hate to have to speak to the maternity zrack in the backroom if we got a visit.

Our store condensed a lot of the maternity and plus sizes. We also had a few extra racks in the back that was used.

Saw it when I went in for my shift today. Not impressed.
Evidently, neither were too many others.

Loads of it on ebay ...not impressed either!!!

Most of it with zero bids, or a couple bids, but way under the retail price. Guess the rest of the world isn't that interested, either.

The lack of interest is unfortunate, really.

B-u-s-t-e-d! With 10 guests waiting. Then our dtl drops in & becomes all bad. I was hiding in electronics....

More lookers than buyers today at our store. There were more TM's over there than guests. Not surprised for our area though.

Plus sizes n maternity were not supposed to be removed from the floor... We condensed and used some extra racks. This is when learning to merchandise sl without an adjacency comes in handy.

Not going to call it a fail in my store but close enough.....

i don't work this weekend but another TL told me that almost everything in our store was gone without an hour. 40+ people were in line at the doors at 6am when she got there and we open at 8. I went into another store today to see it (closer to my house) and didn't look like they had sold any!

Last edited:
99% of it is still on the shelf at my store. I thought a lot of it was cute! (I want the bike soooo bad. We only have 1 at my store!) But I think it's all really over priced. It's just a name on it really...like 35 bucks for a envelope opener? Really?

Yeah, it was a total bust at our store. Had to be there at 7 o'clock to work crowd control. Which consisted of watching three people pull up in their cars at 7:55 to come in the store. Maybe sold a grand of the NM merchandise in the first hour. Rest of the day people didn't even seem to care it was there, aside from a slight gasp at seeing the prices.

Yeah, it was a total bust at our store. Had to be there at 7 o'clock to work crowd control. Which consisted of watching three people pull up in their cars at 7:55 to come in the store. Maybe sold a grand of the NM merchandise in the first hour. Rest of the day people didn't even seem to care it was there, aside from a slight gasp at seeing the prices.

A grand in an hour?

So, you sold like... 4 things?

Lol, pretty much. One guest with $400 of it. The only things that seemed to sell were the $30 women's sweatshirts and the $50 yoga mat for some reason. $50 for a yoga mat...makes no sense to me.

Didn't go well on our side either.
Hope I get to be one of the people who does the destroying of the certain products that don't sell.
Should be fun.

I was also wondering why there were so many people scheduled! They started sending people home a few hours after I got there....I wish they would have sent me home! I also heard people who normally buy his stuff, were saying it was cheap fabric and stuff. Um. Did you expect 300 shirt quality for "only" 70?

I just went onto his website and all I can think is, "Who buys this?!" Like even if I had the money sitting around I could never bring myself to buy it!

Last edited:
It's been my three day weekend off, so I haven't seen it. Probably similar results - and we had 15 pallets of the stuff wasting space in my backroom. I can't imagine it being as utterly and completely god awful hideous as that the-70s-are-f***ing-dead-already Missoni zig-zag crap, which for some reason that I can't possibly comprehend got cleaned out faster than people looting the grocery store after a major disaster.

We had roughly ~30 people in the morning at our store, but I was in the backroom tonight and we had so much left over. Sucks too because my store is a high-volume store, so we're going to be getting all the left overs that the other stores can't get rid of lol....great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back