Archived Niemann Marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...well...unless that's for stuff bought today and later, that is going to be a problem if the register is not going to allow it.

I got an email that said you, Retail Girl said the website says the 5th "clearly" but if you click the NM banner at the top of the homepage, it takes you to a page with this as the header... fine print says January 15th. It said the 5th up until yesterday. I keep going back to the page hoping that sweater magically appears lol... and also because I was curious to see if that return date would change.

Screen%20Shot%202013-01-07%20at%2012.59.31%20AM.png

Umm...yes....but that's because I went to the official returns page first (leave it up to Target to not update the official stuff). But you will also notice that I edited my earlier post way before you posted this.

ahh ok. Wasn't sure if my browser was just doing that thing it does where it doesn't load pages completely... or if it just wasn't there lol.

On another note, I don't really think all of that stuff is gonna sell in that time, even at 70% off. We still have Kirna Zabete stuff floating around our clearance racks... and there's a ton of it on the website. I hate that I know that. (I only know because I have an e-shopping problem/addiction... a million shopping tabs open as we "speak")

Today we had lots of angry shoppers because they were trying to return the items they bought full price because, of course, we couldn't price adjust. The system wouldn't let us return them and when we called for override (my GE-ETL is a violently vibing ETL) we were refused. Then a guest returned an item bought on clearance yesterday, and the return was allowed. Weird, huh? My ETL-GE then said, "Well, just coupon out anyone who brings in anything NM." I said, "Uh, didn't we lose enough money without couponing out $100 dresses?" She laughed, and said, "Whatever you want to do, do. I'll back you." So I followed the system. If it allowed a return, I did it. If not, I apologized and suggested that they read the receipts.

Long day at Guest Service.

Wow...just...wow. I had a guest try to get me to adjust down clearance for Christmas stuff. When I refused, she said she would return it and rebuy it. I told her she was welcome to return it, but that I couldn't resell it to her from there, nor could I guarantee when it would go back on the shelf, so she would have to take her chances on what we had left. She was not happy. I cannot imagine how that would have gone if it was a NM item.

I know, right? I had a guest a couple of days ago who was pissed because I wouldn't price adjust the clearance NM. I told her she could return the items and purchase from the floor and she walked off in a huff, mumbling about poor customer service. She was pissed because I wouldn't do a return and re-sell off her receipt. hahahahahaha

Such a waste to hit the compactor though...can't they just ship it to a third world country or something?

Company Direction was not to salvage out until the 16th. and we were NOT TO DESTROY ANYTHING!!!! Every last item needed to be boxed up and sent back to the DC on the next sweep trailer. I'd hate to be the STL's that have to answer to their DTL's about destroy'd NM merchandise. :-(

But thank god the god awful stacked boxed at my check lanes can disappear!

Yep as was said the direction that was sent out via email was to follow the normal salvage process for NM.

had somebody call today about the dang bike....was wondering if we had any left. Could not figure out why I couldn't find out if any of the stores in the area had any left. I hadn't seen the bikes since they went 70%.

I picked up another one of the dog dishes when I heard the stuff was going salvage. Nice, durable porcelain.

The past two days, we've still found missed Neiman Marcus crap floating around the store...some of it still rings up, so hopefully we are catching it before an unsuspecting cashier sells it (which is most of them, sadly).

I had a lady approach me today and ask if the reason why we didn't have any Nieiman Marcus stuff was because we'd sent it back to Neiman Marcus....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back