Archived No Backstock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowmotion

Presentation TM
Hi all,

I am a TM at a Super Target. Been on the job for 3 months now. My question is, how do I properly flex Halloween candy and other merch on the salesfloor? I was told that Halloween is PTM and should not be backstocked. I see other TMs simply push lightly stocked items aside and dump a bunch of another item in it's place. They say that's how you do it, as long as they're the same price. None of this stuff is actually tied and has no price label. Items just seem stuffed wherever it fits. Is this correct?

Just keep it neat and by price point but pack it in. It will sell down.

Alright, thanks for the swift replies. :)

Just seemed like things were off today when we were pushing Halloween. Next time I'll take the time to grab a printer and a pda/ipod.

Hi all,

I am a TM at a Super Target. Been on the job for 3 months now. My question is, how do I properly flex Halloween candy and other merch on the salesfloor? I was told that Halloween is PTM and should not be backstocked. I see other TMs simply push lightly stocked items aside and dump a bunch of another item in it's place. They say that's how you do it, as long as they're the same price. None of this stuff is actually tied and has no price label. Items just seem stuffed wherever it fits. Is this correct?
You shouldn't "dump" it and it doesn't matter if it's the same price because you need to print a new price label with that item's DPCI. When I do PTM, I always try to put like items together, even if it means shifting things around a bit. You should also strive to make it look neat and put together, as if that's how the POG calls for it. Always print new labels, unless you put the item immediately adjacent to more of that same item that already has a label.

Basically it needs to look good and it needs to be clearly labelled and easy to shop.

That is how it should be done, but like everything cut hours to the bone and not let the teams who should be doing PTM do the PTM means if you get the same price point you should be happy. Cause I saw a lot worse last week.. We were giving away the big 150 piece bags for $3.04 cause someone thought they would seen better on the front end.. But never pulled the labels or the header. An ETL

Flow teams version of ptming is pushing to price point. Do they ever have printers?

My store usually schedules someone to just push clearance, ptm seasonal, push NOP, and whatnot.

if you want to do it correctly, do as eleuthreophile said. Always make labels and fill with similar product. If you "dont have time" push to price point.

I carry a portable printer, try to put in items that are at least similar (the various Halloween paper plates/napkins/etc. close together) and just do my best to make it look like something wasn't done completely randomly. :p

When u PTM always work from left to right down an aisle it makes it easier to make space for product.

Before I was PA I was often the PTMer of Seasonal, I would just throw a printer onto my belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back