Archived No call no show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question... when I was a team lead I was told that if a team member was more than 2 hours late and didn't call (making them a ncns), but came in later that day and we let them work it nullified their no call no show. Because we should have sent them home.

I have a coworker dealing with this issue now and we've torn apart the handbook and workbench trying to help get her out of it (specifically because there were some other shady circumstances... like her schedule was changed)

Can someone help me find where to look for this?

All stores are not the same. My current store actually calls people who are late to find out if they are coming in. At my old store, we weren't allowed to call or text - the TM just had to live with (or die with as the case may be) the NCNS.

@RedMan is right.
It seems like each store makes up their attendance policies when it comes to the specifics like that.
I don't completely understand how that works but it seems to be the case.

I didn't hold my TMs accountable for schedule changes unless I specifically showed them the change and we agreed to it. Check the wall schedule for the date it was printed. If it isn't 2 weeks prior then it was changed from the original post date. Sometimes the schedule is changed without telling TMs (dick move). That is not the TMs fault and shouldn't be held against them. I've cleared several "system generated" NCNS like this. It was our responsibility to make the schedule once. Any modifications had to be cleared with the TM beforehand.

Your store nullifying the NCNS is their own policy. Stores can be strict or more relaxed, as long as the policies are fair and consistent.

My store usually will only call the TM if the situation is extreme (A cashier or SFTM on a short day, ect). Under normal circumstances after 2 hours it will be considered a NCNS.

The thing I'm worried about is she is a SR TL. The shift was an LOD shift. But the LOD schedule was changed. And it slipped past her.

The thing I'm worried about is she is a SR TL. The shift was an LOD shift. But the LOD schedule was changed. And it slipped past her.
Well that really sucks...

Did she know but just forget? Or did someone forget to tell her? I assume she made other plans and wasn't near her phone if it took over two hours to get there (unless the opening LOD was looking forward to a double).

Reminds me of this:

What does the wall schedule say? Go off of that, because any changes in the schedule are going to be "he said she said" and you can't hold a TM accountable to that unless there is a written statement from the TM stating that they would change their shift.

If she legit didn't show up for a scheduled shift, then she's just going to have to live with a NCNS. And working the day of doesn't "nullify" it.

If she wasn't told in person or didn't receive an email from an ETL...they can't hold her accountable for the shift.
If they changed the wall schedule after it was posted but didn't tell her, they can't hold her accountable.

There were a couple times where I was scheduled Clopeners during the holidays, but ended up sleeping through my alarm or misread my opening shift hours of coming in later. They were understanding and adjusted the shift with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back