No call no show

Some of them get a thrill up their legs slinging around correctives. If it's a first, and they're honest if they had any fucking sense of decency they'd just overlook it. One single documented action is the beginning of the pathway to termination and never forget it.

@AutGotAlot Your quoting is weird, but I'm going to assume you made the remark about "fairly."

"Fairly" and "equally" are not the same word, for a reason. Here's an example. A lot of schools have gotten on the bandwagon of treating all kids equally, no matter the circumstance. So the bullies who are causing harm for fun are being treated the same as their victims who finally fight back. They are treated equally, rather than fairly. Equal is equal consequences, no matter of intent, prior acts (or lack of prior acts) or circumstances at the time. Fair is different consequences matched to the intent and history. That's why, when you are caught speeding and the cop checks your name in his computer, no tickets on your record gives you a good chance of being let off with a warning while 6 tickets in the last 3 years means you're getting lucky number 7, even though it's the same speed in the same spot.

Edit: And why there are several different crimes for types of causing human death, even though the end result is someone died. The charge chosen equals the circumstances and the history of the person who caused the death.

So yes, TMs should be treated fairly. Their treatment should match intent and circumstance and past history. Equally is actually unfair.

1613228420173.png

Some of them get a thrill up their legs slinging around correctives. If it's a first, and they're honest if they had any fucking sense of decency they'd just overlook it. One single documented action is the beginning of the pathway to termination and never forget it.

Could be, especially if the TM is known for this. Sometimes, this is used because the TM left them no other option, but it will just be a bump in the road. There was one TM in my store who missed her shift and her TL gave her a CA. It might have even been a final. Her TL is a wicked bitch. A few months later, that same TM got TM of the month. It isn't a curse that will always ruin you.

Could be, especially if the TM is known for this. Sometimes, this is used because the TM left them no other option, but it will just be a bump in the road. There was one TM in my store who missed her shift and her TL gave her a CA. It might have even been a final. Her TL is a wicked bitch. A few months later, that same TM got TM of the month. It isn't a curse that will always ruin you.
I was on final for meal compliance twice , not because I went to lunch but because I never actually took lunch , and still got promoted .

I never got a corrective nor did I ever sign anything. Many years on board, refused to sign every review.
Sorry Captain but that's just a douche move, unless you truly believe that all of your reviews were unfair.

You seem to think that any attempts to provide feedback or corrective action towards employees is some kind of power trip. Some employees suck.

Reviews were fine with one exception, the then TL was an asshole and everyone knew it. I signed my U Way pledge and that is it my friend. Rambling on using the Kool Aid saturated buzz words and stupid shit nonsense on that review (which ultimately ended in a decent raise by Target's standards) was a joke. I don't sign and agree with jokes. That was two years before I voluntarily left. I refused to sign juvenile cuts and pastes.

Reviews were fine with one exception, the then TL was an asshole and everyone knew it. I signed my U Way pledge and that is it my friend. Rambling on using the Kool Aid saturated buzz words and stupid shit nonsense on that review (which ultimately ended in a decent raise by Target's standards) was a joke. I don't sign and agree with jokes. That was two years before I voluntarily left. I refused to sign juvenile cuts and pastes.
That's not what you originally said. You said you refused to sign EVERY review.

By inference the last sentence obviously reverts back to my original statement. Every review is a series of cuts and pastes, there was nothing creative. I asked and was told it is not imperative to sign thus I did not sign. The job didn't warrant a release waiver, and that is what signing a review is, signing a release of semi fabricated bullshit. Too old and too experienced for that nonsense.

That's not what you originally said. You said you refused to sign EVERY review.
Wait...when are you supposed to sign reviews? I have been at target for almost 3 years and only know what my 2 reviews said because I happened to find them in workday. Nobody ever actually told me they were in there or what I was doing ok with or what I needed to work on. I thought they were ridiculous due to the fact that there was nothing specific about me or my actual job performance. The first year I got .37 and then last year I got .75 so I guess I was doing ok since I went up. But I agree with captain. Ridiculous cut and paste bs.

You got it BobSmith.... If you absolutely agree with everything on it then maybe but there will always be something negative. If you sign you are agreeing. If you agree you're leaving yourself open. At the end of mine, the last few, the issuer handed me a pen and the paper. My reaction verbatim was: "I don't sign anything." I got up and walked out leaving my copy on the table.

My reviews have been great. Not bragging, just the truth. Nothing to sign though, just go in Workday and acknowledge that you discussed the review with your TL. More than happy to do it.

Plus, as @allnew2 said, not signing means nothing - you were still given your review. Signing opens you up to nothing.

I don't understand why folks have such an issue - if you are a good hard worker, what's the problem? I have never had any fear or trepidation at review time.

I don’t necessarily have a problem signing them, I just have an issue with the fact that they are so generic. And the fact that nobody in my store has even mentioned one to me, ever.

I agree, the whole review and compensation process is a joke. The compensation part is based on how much money Corporate gives to a store and scores are based on that. Reviews are supposed to be given with a meaningful conversation with the employee. I’ve never had one, and I see employees go in and two minutes later they come out.

In Workday, all of my reviews have been boilerplate, clearly, but the review delivered in person was personal and included specific feedback (all positive, though I know they can ding me on things like not responding to backup and whatnot).

If it makes you feel better to not sign your review, whatever, but it's mostly childish and doesn't change shit.

Sorry Captain but that's just a douche move, unless you truly believe that all of your reviews were unfair.

You seem to think that any attempts to provide feedback or corrective action towards employees is some kind of power trip. Some employees suck.
Yes but it goes both ways. Who is in charge of disciplinary actions for TLs? TMs? Yet TLs are in charge of disciplinary actions for Tms. My TL be having hella bad days.

Back