Archived No Chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hhh

Hi.

A few years ago when I graduated college I worked at Target while I was looking for another job. I applied to be an ETL and when someone in HR called me up they asked if I had talked to my ETL. I had not and a few days later my ETL came to me and said they wanted me to take on more of a leadership role if they were to suggest me. Shortly thereafter I was offered a promotion which I put on hold to think about before ultimately leaving for a different job. Now, three years later, I have applied for more ETL jobs only to promptly be rejected for all but one.

Now my question is: Am I simply out of luck when it comes to getting an ETL job?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome! It depends on where you live. Also, did you apply on careers at target.com? Did you leave spot on good terms, the first time?

Thank you! Without giving up too much information, this was around Chicago. I did apply both times on Target.com. Yes, I certainly left on good terms. I gave my two weeks notice and people were sad to see me go.

It seems like new ETLs are either fresh out of college with no experience or older degree holders with a history of logistics, inventory, or some other retail management. I don't see a lot of in between

There may not any positions open in Chicago. Can you relocate?

If that were the case I would feel better, but no, I applied to quite a few and am only still in consideration for one.

I'm not looking to relocate so I am just focusing around here.

It seems like new ETLs are either fresh out of college with no experience or older degree holders with a history of logistics, inventory, or some other retail management. I don't see a lot of in between

I do like that Target give opportunities to recent grads. It's unfortunate otherwise.

Being an EIT, is a good thing for you.

Two of the positions I applied for were EIT jobs.

I am glad that it doesn't sound like anything I described in my first post affected me not being considered.

I am. I wouldn't put all my eggs into one basket. I do like the store and taking out the 2nd largest retail store limits job opportunities.

TBH, I don't think anybody would hold a grudge 3 years later....unless you threw food at your DTL or something. I doubt it has anything to do with how you left the first time.

Best thing I can think of is try to re-network within your old store. See if your STL is still with the company, or anybody else you left on good terms with. I *think* all of Target is running an internal promo where anybody referred at the exempt level, the referrer gets a $1000 target gift card. So that might help your chances. If that promo isn't running, the standard referral bonus is a 500 giftcard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back