Specialty No Fixture Room Refresh Hours

So, heard today that we aren't getting any hits for the refresh. Hope that signing doesn't show up. Lol, good job Target.

How very convenient. And typical.

Corporate: Let's tell them there are sixty hours for this refresh project and just dump it into this giant bucket of hours that we no longer separate out into specific areas/projects. Stores will figure it out.

Corporate: (Week after project was due) Uh, guys, why didn't you use those hours we gave you to complete this project? (Pause) What do mean you couldn't find the hours in the bucket!? They are right ther--oh, we can't see them in there either now. Huh.

And repeat. Ad nauseum.

Same here. Was told the hours did not populate under GM

I'm over it. I've literally busted my back with that death trap. (Hurt my back to the point of not being able to get out of bed one night from putting up shelves.) So now, screw it. I'll just throw my fixtures in and they land where they land. That's what everyone else does.

I'm over it. I've literally busted my back with that death trap. (Hurt my back to the point of not being able to get out of bed one night from putting up shelves.) So now, screw it. I'll just throw my fixtures in and they land where they land. That's what everyone else does.
I would suggest using the wave next time, also try the low and tight method. No need to unnecessary “put up” the shelves.
Ask for help next time. Remember if you don’t say anything, the store leadership will not know what you need, and can’t help you.
You are not doing anyone any favor by hurting your back. It could potentially lead to you calling out ,and leaving the store short handed, never mind the potential liability to the company.
Any Further reckless incidents like these will result in a CA and or termination.

Edit:- Please finish all your tasks with a sense of urgency.

I would suggest using the wave next time, also try the low and tight method. No need to unnecessary “put up” the shelves.
Ask for help next time. Remember if you don’t say anything, the store leadership will not know what you need, and can’t help you.
You are not doing anyone any favor by hurting your back. It could potentially lead to you calling out ,and leaving the store short handed, never mind the potential liability to the company.
Any Further reckless incidents like these will result in a CA and or termination.

Edit:- Please finish all your tasks with a sense of urgency.

This was 5 years ago now. I'm way more careful. I missed two days of work.

They’re lying. The hours aren’t any different than the GM hours. You definitely got them but your SD/ETL doesn’t want to spend them.
Fixture room must be in good shape, not every store is a dumpster fire 😳

Fixture room must be in good shape, not every store is a dumpster fire 😳
Possible but these hours are to comb through your fixture took not just clean it up. I hate when SDs don’t follow simple company wide direction

Possible but these hours are to comb through your fixture took not just clean it up. I hate when SDs don’t follow simple company wide direction
No mention from anyone storeside except for the pml about the fixture room refresh. I'd bet my paycheck my SD tries to use the hours somewhere else.

Called this one.

The PML told me that the metal dumpster is still coming because the leaders are going to "refresh" the fixture room that Thursday. And these are the same people who one of them, I kid not, asked me where peghooks are. But yes, go ahead and make the decisions.

He also told me the SD said I would be there that day. Yeah, I'm schedule for a work area not hold their hands. Why not schedule the damn hours corporate gave you geniuses?

The PML told me that the metal dumpster is still coming because the leaders are going to "refresh" the fixture room that Thursday. And these are the same people who one of them, I kid not, asked me where peghooks are. But yes, go ahead and make the decisions.

He also told me the SD said I would be there that day. Yeah, I'm schedule for a work area not hold their hands. Why not schedule the damn hours corporate gave you geniuses?

It's going to be so hard not to be a sassy, salty bitch if I get asked if we have something after this refresh and it's been tossed without my knowledge.

At my store the ETLs would throw out enough fixtures to sink a battleship, then reorder the same fixtures a few months later, which would sit around in the way until the next January when they, too, would be dumped. Every year. Costs Spot a fortune, and apparently the only ones who benefitted from this yearly ritual were the recycler friends of leadership...

We got the hours to clean the fixture room. What we are lacking is dumpsters for anything we are tossing/recycling. 😡😡😡

Back