No hours

Second job would be mandatory without the swap board. With the swap board I can make do.

Scheduled 11 hours next week, am at 26 after picking up 3 shifts, will probably wind up nearing 40 by picking up more before the end of the week.

Spot during 4th quarter, "Please stay. Please. Please. Pretty please. We like you. I'll buy you a Starbucks. Please. No, I'm not just being nice so you'll do me a favor." Spot from December 26 until November whatever, "Leave. Just leave and don't let the door hit your fat ass. Look you hours sucking bitch, fuck you and your kids. I can't even look at you."

Spot during 4th quarter, "Please stay. Please. Please. Pretty please. We like you. I'll buy you a Starbucks. Please. No, I'm not just being nice so you'll do me a favor." Spot from December 26 until November whatever, "Leave. Just leave and don't let the door hit your fat ass. Look you hours sucking bitch, fuck you and your kids. I can't even look at you."
^This. 100% the absolute truth.

Definitely 2nd job. Target has never been enough except a few weeks during 4th quarter. But it's ok. My other job is way different, and the change of pace is a good thing.
Yup! I've never been cut all the way down to 4 hours, which I think is the barebones minimum for a store to keep you in active payroll status ("zero hours" which is the thread topic rarely occurs b/c of this), but fully expect reduced hours for the immediate future. There aren't too many swapshifts posted but if you keep in touch with your co-workers you're bound to found somebody who unexpectedly needs a day off for something. Some people apply for unemployment (reduction of hours) and get partial benefits but it depends on the state and you will need to make an actual job search depending on state. If you have vacation hours, it's a good time to use them.

If seeking partial unemployment due to low hours, is it really a bad thing to be applying to other jobs that could offer more?

Yep, it's bare-bones coverage at the registers and guest services right now. Our best remaining guest services team member quit and it's been quite difficult for the relatively inexperienced guest service team members to pick up the slack.

Back