Archived No more daily grid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It became company policy around mid July that HR would handle the schedules for all work centers. Your ETL and TL should still be able to review it and have the HR team make edits before it posts though.
For all stores? My GSTL makes the front end schedule

For all stores? My GSTL makes the front end schedule
TLs don't have access to write the schedule or make edits anymore. There are ways around it, but the spirit of the idea is that they should not be doing it.

It became company policy around mid July that HR would handle the schedules for all work centers. Your ETL and TL should still be able to review it and have the HR team make edits before it posts though.

Team leads (except seniors) can't login to mytime. At my store I log them in on my account and they write their schedule.

My old store had a grid above the time clock and at the fitting room with breakouts of where everyone was supposed to be and their break times (sometimes it had who was covering breaks, depending on who was TL/LOD). If there was nothing to do at the fitting room, I would just stare at the grid lol. The TL's and LOD's had one with them.

At my current store, grids are only in TSC near the swap board and on HR's desk. The LOD's and TL's have one with them.

And the grids at my current store don't have where people are supposed to be or break time, but the LOD will write on his or her copy when assigning zones

Team leads (except seniors) can't login to mytime. At my store I log them in on my account and they write their schedule.
We can still login to my time, it's just read only, so we can't make any changes.

Does this have anything to do with certain TL's I'm sure making edits to the schedule? (Some Leadership might "take someone off" or "add" someone)? I ask because I've seen this done at a lot of stores in the past.

Does this have anything to do with certain TL's I'm sure making edits to the schedule? (Some Leadership might "take someone off" or "add" someone)? I ask because I've seen this done at a lot of stores in the past.

Issues with the old system were

A) team leads changing their schedules (dumb to change because team leads know when they need to be there and they can clock themselves in anyways)

B) Team leads adding payroll without LOD permission (problem at my store - looking at you flow team lead) when we are in the red for the month letting the cute flow girl work on Sunday because she's free is not acceptable

C) they want team leads on the floor but I don't know their team like they do. I prefer to let them write their schedule and then audit it later (yeah I know you wanted to give your pet tm 40 hours but you can't give them 40 when this person with open availability only got 3 shifts

@HRZone so basically what I said. Yeah @HRZone, TL's most certainly did ABUSE there power when they had a taste. Giving your favorites 40 hrs is NOT cool. I'm sure raping the payroll metrics hurts everyone as well too!! As I like to call the "phantom" hours. Several stores I've been at conversations went like this-
(TM talking to Leadership)

Tm- "So can I come in on my next shift even if I'm not on the schedule?"

Leadership- "We don't have the hours or payroll"

Tm- (watches several OTHER team members work despite not being on the schedule)

:mad:o_O

Yeah I'm aware of that. They still can review the schedule and have the HR tms make edits if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back