1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

No more daily grid?

Discussion in 'General Target Chat' started by BaristaChick16, Sep 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BaristaChick16

BaristaChick16 would you like to save 5% at sbucks today?

In my store, we always had a weekly grid kept behind Starbucks of our TM's so we knew who was working. It made things a lot easier if someone needed to get a shift covered.

A month or so ago, HR told us we can no longer have it. Okay, I understand that, and no one is mad. It is what it is.

Today I go into work and go to check the daily grid after I punched in...which wasn't up there. I walked behind Starbucks to check it, and it wasn't there. I come to find that we are no longer allowed to have daily grids anywhere in the store. The ETLs can have them, but even my TL cannot. Someone mentioned that our HR had a meeting and was told that "due to stalking" we can't have access to it any more.

My question is, is this a corporate thing that has starter, or is it just my store? We still have the schedules posted in TSC so the stalking excuse doesn't make sense to any of us. I'm sorry if this was posted somewhere else, I'm in a rush and am curious as to what's going on with the new changes.

Thanks guys :)

2. Doglover89

Doglover89 Team Trainer

Umm...this definitely sounds like just your store. Everyone uses grids in mine, from tms to the STL. I'm primarily SL and we keep one at the fitting room. Our HRtm prints out a bunch each morning and anyone can grab one.

HRZone, Hardlinesmaster and Anelmi like this.
  3. Yetive

Yetive Servant of 2 Masters

We had a stalking issue a few years ago and grids were not allowed on the floor. I'm afraid someone at your store may be having problems.

Ahem, DavidorJared, HRZone and 2 others like this.
  4. Him

Him Team Trainer

Definitely sounds like only at your store. My guess is like @Yetive said and someone is having a MAJOR stalking issue, hence TL's and you all are not being given access to the grids. For it to still be displayed in TSC I think is mandatory as per company/corporate policy but I could be mistaken. I was also told TSC and Hr could Not even let a caller know if such and such is at work or not for that exact same reason. Safety for all.

5. Hardlinesmaster

Hardlinesmaster Business Partner

Just call the lod to cover your breaks/lunches. On salesfloor, it should their call, not yours.

6. pinkp2ie

pinkp2ie Electronics TM

Sounds scary

7. redeye58

redeye58 Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!

Ours are only in TM off-stage areas & TLs/ETLs will carry a copy.
    I can see the reasoning somewhat because of stalking/domestic abuse issues but that seems a little extreme.
    I'd be surprised if that policy lasted very long.

Hardlinesmaster likes this.
  8. Leo47

Leo47 Team Trainer

I love looking at the grid before I clock in so I can know who I need to mentally prepare to interact with (I don't like a lot of people lol) I feel like I'd be so anxious if i didn't know who the heck I'd be working with until it was happening

Hardlinesmaster, Ahem, sito and 3 others like this.
  9. HRZone

HRZone ETL-Intern

Same being HR I doubt I would lose my access but it helps being able to know who I need to track down. When they come in. Etc.

10. pinkp2ie

pinkp2ie Electronics TM

Exactly..as Electronics needing breaks covered, someone i am familiar with/not familiar with, who to ask to cover my breaks.

Hardlinesmaster likes this.
  11. StargazerOmega

StargazerOmega Wizard no more...but how ya doin'?

Same here, though I generally don't have problems with any TLs or co-workers, I mainly check GSTL/GSA first thing so I can see who my bosses are for the day.

12. glo

glo Food TL

Do you guys not have a "break out"? Aka a table showing scheduled breaks/coverage?

13. BackroomAlpha

BackroomAlpha Did somebody call for backroom?

Target over reacts about everything

HardlinesGuy likes this.
  14. Yetive

Yetive Servant of 2 Masters

You haven't been stalked.

beevery, emayf, Ahem and 4 others like this.
  15. Anelmi

Anelmi Team Member

We have a HL/SL breakout on the main grid and then a separate "grid" for the front lanes.

16. HardlinesGuy

HardlinesGuy TPS District Trainer

Probably part of a safe and secure plan for someone. Give it a few weeks and thing will probably go back to normal. Probably.

17. jb08045

jb08045 Team Leader

This

Anyone can just look at the schedule and see if the person they are stalking is working today. No effort required

18. On6

On6 SR APS

Safe and secure plans have a variety of options (or in this case actions) that can be put in place. This sounds like one.

Personally I don't see the need for anyone other than leaders to need to know daily schedules of everyone in the store. Just do your job, worry about yourself.

19. jb08045

jb08045 Team Leader

I also agree with this

However with the recent cut in hours and ETLs letting the computers do the work, sometimes, at least in the backroom there isn't any overlap. Somes I'm scheduled to come in at 3pm while the opener leaves at 1pm or vice versa

If I look at the grid and see that, I'll ask so they need me to stay till the closer comes in and they always say yeah so it's more hours for me

20. Megaparsec

Megaparsec Team Member

We still have grids. And, also, everyone's schedule is in Branch.