Archived No more daily grid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaristaChick16

After 8 years, I'm officially a guest!
In my store, we always had a weekly grid kept behind Starbucks of our TM's so we knew who was working. It made things a lot easier if someone needed to get a shift covered.

A month or so ago, HR told us we can no longer have it. Okay, I understand that, and no one is mad. It is what it is.

Today I go into work and go to check the daily grid after I punched in...which wasn't up there. I walked behind Starbucks to check it, and it wasn't there. I come to find that we are no longer allowed to have daily grids anywhere in the store. The ETLs can have them, but even my TL cannot. Someone mentioned that our HR had a meeting and was told that "due to stalking" we can't have access to it any more.

My question is, is this a corporate thing that has starter, or is it just my store? We still have the schedules posted in TSC so the stalking excuse doesn't make sense to any of us. I'm sorry if this was posted somewhere else, I'm in a rush and am curious as to what's going on with the new changes.

Thanks guys :)

Umm...this definitely sounds like just your store. Everyone uses grids in mine, from tms to the STL. I'm primarily SL and we keep one at the fitting room. Our HRtm prints out a bunch each morning and anyone can grab one.

Definitely sounds like only at your store. My guess is like @Yetive said and someone is having a MAJOR stalking issue, hence TL's and you all are not being given access to the grids. For it to still be displayed in TSC I think is mandatory as per company/corporate policy but I could be mistaken. I was also told TSC and Hr could Not even let a caller know if such and such is at work or not for that exact same reason. Safety for all.

Ours are only in TM off-stage areas & TLs/ETLs will carry a copy.
I can see the reasoning somewhat because of stalking/domestic abuse issues but that seems a little extreme.
I'd be surprised if that policy lasted very long.

I love looking at the grid before I clock in so I can know who I need to mentally prepare to interact with (I don't like a lot of people lol) I feel like I'd be so anxious if i didn't know who the heck I'd be working with until it was happening

I love looking at the grid before I clock in so I can know who I need to mentally prepare to interact with (I don't like a lot of people lol) I feel like I'd be so anxious if i didn't know who the heck I'd be working with until it was happening

Same being HR I doubt I would lose my access but it helps being able to know who I need to track down. When they come in. Etc.

Exactly..as Electronics needing breaks covered, someone i am familiar with/not familiar with, who to ask to cover my breaks.

Same here, though I generally don't have problems with any TLs or co-workers, I mainly check GSTL/GSA first thing so I can see who my bosses are for the day.

Do you guys not have a "break out"? Aka a table showing scheduled breaks/coverage?

We have a HL/SL breakout on the main grid and then a separate "grid" for the front lanes.

Probably part of a safe and secure plan for someone. Give it a few weeks and thing will probably go back to normal. Probably.

Safe and secure plans have a variety of options (or in this case actions) that can be put in place. This sounds like one.

Personally I don't see the need for anyone other than leaders to need to know daily schedules of everyone in the store. Just do your job, worry about yourself.

Safe and secure plans have a variety of options (or in this case actions) that can be put in place. This sounds like one.

Personally I don't see the need for anyone other than leaders to need to know daily schedules of everyone in the store. Just do your job, worry about yourself.
I also agree with this

However with the recent cut in hours and ETLs letting the computers do the work, sometimes, at least in the backroom there isn't any overlap. Somes I'm scheduled to come in at 3pm while the opener leaves at 1pm or vice versa

If I look at the grid and see that, I'll ask so they need me to stay till the closer comes in and they always say yeah so it's more hours for me

Thanks for all of your responses.
I had a feeling it was just my store- it doesn't sound like something that would work well everywhere.

I went into work today and saw a break schedule posted for those who work the floor, and still no grid.

The only reason it's an issue for us baristas is because we make our own breaks (no one schedules us so we make our own 15 and 45s-we never hit compliance) and without knowing when we have coverage, it's tough. One day this week we had 3 people scheduled (we are a higher volume store then the old one I worked at) and we all needed 45s. Without knowing when everyone comes in with such schedule issues and gaps every day between people, it's tough.

But of course, safety first. I would rather ask the LOD for help then see anyone get hurt.

Our ETLs decided that theTLs can no longer write our schedule so we have an insane schedule now. We would have our opener, an early mid between 10-11, a late mid 130-7 and our closer...now it's just a joke. We are lucky to get an opener, a mid and a closer.

I'm not sure what is going on at my store but it's literally a mess and as a TM, I can't do a thing but sit back and watch it happen.

I'm jealous of the stores that have set break schedules and whatnot. I feel like it has to run a lot smoother if everything was planned out ahead of time.

Our ETLs decided that theTLs can no longer write our schedule so we have an insane schedule now. We would have our opener, an early mid between 10-11, a late mid 130-7 and our closer...now it's just a joke. We are lucky to get an opener, a mid and a closer.

I'm not sure what is going on at my store but it's literally a mess and as a TM, I can't do a thing but sit back and watch it happen.

I'm jealous of the stores that have set break schedules and whatnot. I feel like it has to run a lot smoother if everything was planned out ahead of time.
It became company policy around mid July that HR would handle the schedules for all work centers. Your ETL and TL should still be able to review it and have the HR team make edits before it posts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back