No more insurance for part time team members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So once again, you want to lay the blame not on the scum who cancelled the insurance but on the entity (and I'm not saying who because despite people slapping the presidents name on it, a lot of people worked on the ACA) that made the effort to provide insurance for people who didn't have insurance.

That kind of logic just makes my head hurt.

Of course, it's cheaper for the company to just dump all it's part timers off its insurance roles and let the government handle it.
It'll be a nice little bump for the executives and the share holders at the end of the year.
But it's fucking wrong!

Doesn't matter they're going to do it anyway.
And people blame the bill that was written to get insurance for all the people who couldn't get insurance?

I just don't get it.

Last edited:
So once again, you want to lay the blame not on the scum who cancelled the insurance but on the entity (and I'm not saying who because despite people slapping the presidents name on it, a lot of people worked on the ACA) that made the effort to provide insurance for people who didn't have insurance.

That kind of logic just makes my head hurt.

Of course, it's cheaper for the company to just dump all it's part timers off its insurance roles and let the government handle it.
It'll be a nice little bump for the executives and the share holders at the end of the year.
But it's fucking wrong!

Doesn't matter they're going to do it anyway.
And people blame the bill that was written to get insurance for all the people who couldn't get insurance?

I just don't get it.

Despite the good intentions that were made by Obamacare, it really did not roll out how it was supposed to. A lot of people's premiums have gone up, and unless you qualify for subsidized coverage, you're basically screwed (luckily I do.... However its been a PITA trying to get it setup, very unorganized). A lot of the problems stem directly from the government website, and there are even inquiries into how secure peoples medical data really is (Sound familiar?).

Healthcare was something that I was never really concerned with prior to the Affordable care act.

Not trying to knock on Obama, because hes done some good things, but healthcare really IS a mess.....

I'm not trying to be an apologist for a system that is way more complicated than it ever should have been .
I always supported single payer, tied to the insurance companies like Germany or Israel.
If you loose your job the government takes over paying for the insurance and the the companies work hard to give the best possible deals.
It doesn't matter how many hours you work, you have insurance.

Yes, the sign up system is pretty bad but then so was medicaid when it first set up but people don't remember that nightmare.
My grandfather didn't have a birth certificate to prove when he was born in order to apply for social security (the one room courthouse burned down).
He showed them his papers from when he joined the Navy and that still wasn't enough.
Took forever and he wasn't the only one.

Five years from now a lot of these concerns will be handled.
But Spot will still be smegheads.

Last edited:
I had told my hr, that this is 2 of the dumbest things to do spot tm's is to take away their insurance & then reduce hours for them too.

Agreed. Some people need that insurance and since the reduction of hours it's kinda hard to reach that "minimum hours" needed for it and then it's removed...counter-productive eh spotty?

Might as well change slogan to "Expect more. Pay less. Save Money. Live better" and let us think who is living better here (not us) ...Wal-TarMartGet incoming ^.^

Last edited:
We recognize this change may be better for some and also may cause disruption for those who previously elected to enroll in this benefit.

That's not spin, that's a freaking tornado.
What did I tell you?
Smegheads.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it's my understanding that less than 10% of employees used this anyway. The new coverage will be cheaper than what Target could have provided, and they are getting a $500 check. So what's the issue? For everyone here bitching, who actually used this?

I never said that it was right or ethical, but Target is not the only organization that is doing this. Anyone who thinks that their and their families well being is more important than the bottom line is looking at things through some obtuse glasses.

Furthermore, anyone who realistically did not see this coming with the roll out of the ACA is again, looking at their job with Target through their obtuse views.

I've been here well over 10 years, and have seen many a things that have made me infuriated. I do not let the asinine things they do raise my blood pressure anymore.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it's my understanding that less than 10% of employees used this anyway. The new coverage will be cheaper than what Target could have provided, and they are getting a $500 check. So what's the issue? For everyone here bitching, who actually used this?

Because cheaper doesn't mean it's better and some will not like the idea of government run healthcare. I say though I don't see any "B****ing" here as you call it I see a exchange of different perspectives and opinions about the matter.

----

Yep :/...

Last edited:
The company that I now work for will be dropping part time benefits in 2015, we barely hung onto them for 2014. I would look for 95% of retail to drop PT this year or next. Full timers will be next.....ooops, did I just say that? Coming 2017. Obama is a dingbat.

Of course, when the government sets up a legal bar to define who is part time and who is full time in regards to offering benefits, it is blatantly obvious that every business will want to maximize profits(duh, they are in business to make money, not care about employees) and drop benefits for every person they can. Our government set this debacle up for us. and the one-size-fits-all approach to each policy is not realistic. A 70 year old man does not need OB-GYN services, and a 20 year old woman does not need a prostrate exam(look that up if you don't believe me!!!). Everyone is paying for policies that are not risk based but instead are uniform in what they offer to everyone. Removing the pre-existing condition dis-qualifier from policies is a good thing and a step in the right direction, but keeping your kids on your policy until they are 26???? You can only claim them on your taxes until they are 18, so where is the reasoning for this??? If they wanted to give more people insurance, then just expand medicaid to cover more and raise everyone's taxes 1 or 2 % to cover the medicaid expansion. Now we are all saddled with policies with coverage we don't need and can't physically use(I have never needed an OB-GYN myself...lol....) and premiums that are going through the roof. This was simply a win for the insurance companies to line their pockets, and Obama went with the money and rammed this through. Even Carter is looking like a good president compared to this dimwit...

On the matter of 'men don't need and OB-GYN.
I don't know if you're Ashkenazi Jewish (I'm Jewish) and one of the things you have to do if your partner gets pregnant is be tested for Tay-Sachs disease.
Since the test is prescribed by the OB-Gyn there is a good chance your insurance won't cover it and the test isn't cheap.
Fun, fun, fun.

But yeah, your right this went from what should have been something that was good for the people to something that was sort of good for the people and really good for the insurance companies.
It's easy to blame the president, after all people have worked really hard to make him the bad guy on this.
But there are way too many other people who have done everything they can to make sure it doesn't work properly for me to say he is the only one at fault.

What got me is that they suggested we do the "stereotypical three."

That is, open availability, cross train, and show up to work on time. Everybody in the room already does all of the three. If those three things worked, I should never have less than 40 hours by their logic.

I just got a packet in the mail saying that I'm part time now with a booklet explaining how to sign up for Obamacare. I'm really not wanting to unless they get the security issues taken care of. They said I can still sign up for dental which was next to useless anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back