No more masks

Only in the Target stores in STATES that have lifted restrictions though, right ?
I would think if it is still a STATE requirement where you are, Target cannot say it’s ok.

I work at a DC. One of the SOMs here said it didn't apply to us at the warehouse...even though the company wide email said warehouses, and we are in a red state with no mask mandates.

Man I am happy, Masks are optional at Target and I’m one of the small percent who’s not wearing one anymore. Love to see normalcy is coming back as it should. You love to see it. 😍

Yep. What was the point in wearing mask that didn't filter out those deadly organic microscopic covid particles down to the micron other than to make ignorant people feel at ease because they saw a face being covered and were told that's safe. Then wear two masks? Come on man. If it was such an issue why weren't actual masks that filtered that stuff down to the micron instead of mainly easily breathable fabrics forced? Why weren't masks\clothes forced to be sanitized like they do in a sterile environment? People go home throw it all in their dirty clothes and wash it a temp that doesn't kill anything then return to work with it all spread all over themselves and still nothing. They say ignorance is bliss and boy does the ignorance ever increase from year to year.

Yep. What was the point in wearing mask that didn't filter out those deadly organic microscopic covid particles down to the micron other than to make ignorant people feel at ease because they saw a face being covered and were told that's safe. Then wear two masks? Come on man. If it was such an issue why weren't actual masks that filtered that stuff down to the micron instead of mainly easily breathable fabrics forced? Why weren't masks\clothes forced to be sanitized like they do in a sterile environment? People go home throw it all in their dirty clothes and wash it a temp that doesn't kill anything then return to work with it all spread all over themselves and still nothing. They say ignorance is bliss and boy does the ignorance ever increase from year to year.
I’m glad it’s pretty much optional, I don’t believe in all the madness of covid, a lot of it is ridiculously exaggerated.

Only in the Target stores in STATES that have lifted restrictions though, right ?
I would think if it is still a STATE requirement where you are, Target cannot say it’s ok.
Correct, I live in a county in Florida where the mandates ended months ago.

Did you read it?

Do masks protect the people wearing them or the people around them?​

“I think

Yeah It started with I THINK. Not there's scientific proof but I THINK.

Does the type of mask matter?​

the most important consideration may be comfort.

Comfort not protection.

4. Mask Efficacy Studies Although no randomized controlled trials (RCT) on the use of masks as source control for SARS-CoV-2 has been published, a number of studies have attempted to indirectly estimate the efficacy of masks. Overall, an evidence review (29) finds "moderate certainty evidence shows that the use of handwashing washing plus masks probably reduces the spread of respiratory viruses."

Not Does, but PROBABLY DOES. IE no scientific evidence backing it just an assumption based on ones own beliefs.

Last edited:
Did you read it?

“I think

Comfort not protection.

4. Mask Efficacy Studies Although no randomized controlled trials (RCT) on the use of masks as source control for SARS-CoV-2 has been published, a number of studies have attempted to indirectly estimate the efficacy of masks. Overall, an evidence review (29) finds "moderate certainty evidence shows that the use of handwashing washing plus masks probably reduces the spread of respiratory viruses."

Not Does but PROBABLY DOES. IE no scientific evidence backing it just an assumption based on ones own beliefs.

Yep, I read it.
What he said was, "“I think there’s enough evidence to say that the best benefit is for people who have COVID-19 to protect them from giving COVID-19 to other people, but you’re still going to get a benefit from wearing a mask if you don’t have COVID-19,” said Chin-Hong."
This is who Chin-Hong is ...
Brown UniversityM.D.School of Medicine
University of California, San FranciscoResidencySchool of Medicine
University of California, San FranciscoCertificateMedicine (Advanced Training in Clinical Research)
University of California, San FranciscoTeaching Scholars Program
"Peter Chin-Hong is Associate Dean for Regional Campuses. He is a medical educator who specializes in treating infectious diseases, particularly infections that develop in patients who have suppressed immune systems, such as solid organ and hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients and HIV+ organ transplant recipients.
When he says, "I think," I'm willing to trust he knows what he is talking about.
He directs the immunocompromised host infectious diseases program at UCSF. His research focuses on donor derived infections in transplant recipients and molecular diagnostics of infectious diseases in patients with suppressed immune systems."

Yep, I read it.
What he said was, "“I think there’s enough evidence to say that the best benefit is for people who have COVID-19 to protect them from giving COVID-19 to other people, but you’re still going to get a benefit from wearing a mask if you don’t have COVID-19,” said Chin-Hong."
This is who Chin-Hong is ...
Brown UniversityM.D.School of Medicine
University of California, San FranciscoResidencySchool of Medicine
University of California, San FranciscoCertificateMedicine (Advanced Training in Clinical Research)
University of California, San FranciscoTeaching Scholars Program
"Peter Chin-Hong is Associate Dean for Regional Campuses. He is a medical educator who specializes in treating infectious diseases, particularly infections that develop in patients who have suppressed immune systems, such as solid organ and hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients and HIV+ organ transplant recipients.
When he says, "I think," I'm willing to trust he knows what he is talking about.
He directs the immunocompromised host infectious diseases program at UCSF. His research focuses on donor derived infections in transplant recipients and molecular diagnostics of infectious diseases in patients with suppressed immune systems."

Certain words get used for a reason. He's smart enough to know which words to use to cover himself. If he were positive he could be held accountable which is why he only Think's theirs's enough evidence not that their is!

Did you read it?

“I think

Comfort not protection.

Not Does, but PROBABLY DOES. IE no scientific evidence backing it just an assumption based on ones own beliefs.
Dang... did you even go to school? Have you never studied the scientific method? Let's review:

The scientific method has five basic steps, plus one feedback step:
  • Make an observation.
  • Ask a question.
  • Form a hypothesis, or testable explanation.
  • Make a prediction based on the hypothesis.
  • Test the prediction.
  • Iterate: use the results to make new hypotheses or predictions.
    Science is a process. Science is continual. Science evolves.

Dang... did you even go to school? Have you never studied the scientific method? Let's review:

The scientific method has five basic steps, plus one feedback step:
  • Make an observation.
  • Ask a question.
  • Form a hypothesis, or testable explanation.
  • Make a prediction based on the hypothesis.
  • Test the prediction.
  • Iterate: use the results to make new hypotheses or predictions.
    Science is a process. Science is continual. Science evolves.

Which part is someone saying that they are for sure? They know 100%! All signs point to yes! I think? Probably? Maybe?

Which part is someone saying that they are for sure? They know 100%! All signs point to yes! I think? Probably? Maybe?
NONE OF IT. THAT is the point of the scientific method, the basis for scientific research. Again... science EVOLVES. That's how we came to know that the earth revolves around the sun, not vice versa. That's how we came to know that there were dinosaurs (yet we don't really know for sure exactly what they looked like. All signs point to what we think they probably look like. Yet archeologists continue to search for clues, testing their hypotheses, making predictions.)

Back