Archived No more noreceipt returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRZone

Former ETL HR
My STL has started a policy of absolutely no returns without a receipt (or the original card) it was purchased on. Not even a store credit, anyone else doing this?

After vibing/making the service desk the 'yes' desk, etc that's a pretty meteoric shift.

Yup people are pissed. My gstl looks like she wants to quit.

yeah ours just recently started doing that which is pretty weird honestly. im surprised they havent done it earlier

It should always be that way. Bad with receipts? Shop online, use a card, or, you know, be an adult and keep track of important stuff.

My badass gstl gets near hostile if people argue against this policy, but some of the weaker ones will give in occasionally. We're told no returns without receipts, but habits die hard it seems.

It should always be that way. Bad with receipts? Shop online, use a card, or, you know, be an adult and keep track of important stuff.

My badass gstl gets near hostile if people argue against this policy, but some of the weaker ones will give in occasionally. We're told no returns without receipts, but habits die hard it seems.

Agreed the problem is we have been so lax about returns for so long this gives people something to push back on.

We should have been doing this all along.

We do exchanges in same department only. Exceptions may be made at gsa's discretion. But we don't ID people.

Last edited:
Honestly, this sounds like a store or district that is performing poorly and trying to do something to save themselves. I have not seen any communication on this. That said, it is not outside the realm of possibility that this is coming from the DTL/Group leader (and maybe because their jobs are on the line)

It has always been policy that the stores can refuse returns without a valid receipt. Read the giant sign behind the guest service desk. This was always a good tool to use to deny known fraudulent returns.

Last edited:
Noticed more mentions of "may not be returnable", "would be declined", etc.
I imagine at some point the shift will be gradual with POS no longer allowing certain functions & stores with high returns will start getting a closer look.

Noticed more mentions of "may not be returnable", "would be declined", etc.
I imagine at some point the shift will be gradual with POS no longer allowing certain functions & stores with high returns will start getting a closer look.
There needs to be some guidelines for these non-returnables. If this is also the case, they need to take away the surveys. These changes will piss people off and give us lower scores.

My store still allows with ID however we will only do what the POS says when it comes to those.

My store abandoned the "yes desk" approach last year before the holidays. I haven't heard a thing about the no-recipt return thing. I'll happily enforce it though. I'm assuming guests can still exchange merchandise though?

Honestly, this sounds like a store or district that is performing poorly and trying to do something to save themselves

We are one of the top 100 comping stores in the country, 2nd in our group so that isn't it. We don't have an ETL AP right now though so I give major props to my STL for getting the balls to shut this crap down.

We do exchanges in same department only. Exceptions may be made at gsa's discretion. But we don't ID people.

I think its problematic not to ID people.

The POS will flag IDs that return items all the time and sometimes tell you not to take their return. If you guys don't ID people the system doesn't work.

I wish we would do the same! I would enjoy "guests" start throwing a fit and embarress them selves when they find out about the new policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back