Archived No more noreceipt returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the guests who do ID returns, they come up and are like "yeah I have no receipt and I paid with cash I'll just get store credit". Pisses me off, especially when they act like that. Hopefully that policy is placed everywhere.

I hate the guests who do ID returns, they come up and are like "yeah I have no receipt and I paid with cash I'll just get store credit". Pisses me off, especially when they act like that. Hopefully that policy is placed everywhere.

Act like what? That's a pretty normal way to act. That's been the norm for a long time. It's annoying when they expect to get the full price back and cash instead of a gift card.

Act like what? That's a pretty normal way to act. That's been the norm for a long time. It's annoying when they expect to get the full price back and cash instead of a gift card.

Well I mean like they know about our store credit and ID policy already and have a ton of stuff they just found around in the house expecting a ton of money back and they take advantage of our policy, always makes me happy when they maxed out their ID

Nah, there was a directive from Corp q4 that said "attempt every return" on workbench. Word is a lot of STLs have pushed back to the dtls and gvps about that
Then this decision needs to come down from Corp to the STL's so that us at the SD can implement it. Doesn't work very well if every store is doing their own thing.

If your store is signing things correctly it is posted. Every store gets signs indicating the (modified) return policy on costumes. In addition to posting these near the costumes in seasonal, my store also puts the signs near customer service.
I've never seen them in seasonal or GS. Not even on their receipts.

I've never seen them in seasonal or GS. Not even on their receipts.
I'm not sure about receipts but I do know every store gets sent the return policy materials with Halloween seasonal signing pallets. Your store simply choose to not take the time and post them.

Well the problem is people can find all the random crap in their house bring it to target see which is on file and what's not and get a gift card for throwing a bunch of darts and seeing what sticks.

I don't mind if it's a legit thing people bought at Target but people could literally buy something at wal mart and return it to our store.

Well the problem is people can find all the random crap in their house bring it to target see which is on file and what's not and get a gift card for throwing a bunch of darts and seeing what sticks.

I don't mind if it's a legit thing people bought at Target but people could literally buy something at wal mart and return it to our store.

That's why it's great to say no!

Spot seems to by cyclical in their approach to cracking down on return fraud and abuse. When I first started working, it was exactly like a "yes" desk. Do whatever you can to make the guest happy. Then Fall 2015 we cracked down again, and my team and I had free license to deny any returns. But then people don't like that, leaving poor guest surveys and complaining to corporate and the cycle begins anew with Target moving back towards the "make the guest happy" approach.

Not corp, a STL policy to take that crap back.

It was corporate. There was communication from corporate on both Redwire and Workbench about disregarding the holiday return policy and attempting all returns. My STL wasn't happy about it either but followed the direction.

It was corporate. There was communication from corporate on both Redwire and Workbench about disregarding the holiday return policy and attempting all returns. My STL wasn't happy about it either but followed the direction.

We ignored that one..

I think its problematic not to ID people.

The POS will flag IDs that return items all the time and sometimes tell you not to take their return. If you guys don't ID people the system doesn't work.

Ya I think it would be nice if we could. I tried to force a sketch return onto a gift card a couple of times (stolen receipts) but my boss says ya can't because we can apparently get sued or something?

Spot seems to by cyclical in their approach to cracking down on return fraud and abuse. When I first started working, it was exactly like a "yes" desk. Do whatever you can to make the guest happy. Then Fall 2015 we cracked down again, and my team and I had free license to deny any returns. But then people don't like that, leaving poor guest surveys and complaining to corporate and the cycle begins anew with Target moving back towards the "make the guest happy" approach.
The way to deal with this would be to establish clear-cut return policies and have them posted.

Ya I think it would be nice if we could. I tried to force a sketch return onto a gift card a couple of times (stolen receipts) but my boss says ya can't because we can apparently get sued or something?
If they have "stolen" receipts we will say we can only put back on the card or onto a GC. I will only give cash back on a card if they can provide the card with matching ID.

The way to deal with this would be to establish clear-cut return policies and have them posted.
They ARE posted over the service desk but guests have nothing to lose by ignoring said policy & demanding an ETL or calling guest relations or anyone else they can kvetch enough to until someone gives in just to shut them up.
And when they get their way ONCE, they'll keep doing it.

They ARE posted over the service desk but guests have nothing to lose by ignoring said policy & demanding an ETL or calling guest relations or anyone else they can kvetch enough to until someone gives in just to shut them up.
And when they get their way ONCE, they'll keep doing it.
But they are not clear cut regarding what we will and will not take back. Right now we pretty much take anything back and the several boxes of salvage that we have daily is a reminder.

We ignored that one..

And the store down the street didn't.

That's the problem we don't have a strong uniform policy as stated many times. The stores that do stand up to scammers get a horrible survey score because someone else bent over for the guest.

Etl GE feels the pressure of bad scores and bends the rules.

Stl and ap count up the losses. Store gets tough on returns again.

Rinse repeat

And the store down the street didn't.

That's the problem we don't have a strong uniform policy as stated many times. The stores that do stand up to scammers get a horrible survey score because someone else bent over for the guest.

Etl GE feels the pressure of bad scores and bends the rules.

Stl and ap count up the losses. Store gets tough on returns again.

Rinse repeat

We didn't end up with a metric ton of costumes that went salvage since we took everyone's crap back..

My STL has started a policy of absolutely no returns without a receipt (or the original card) it was purchased on. Not even a store credit, anyone else doing this?

I'm a little late to the party here, so I'll give my take. Our store has turned themselves pretty much into a "yes" store. I'm told to "make it right for the guest" even if that includes using the override code, because our STL doesn't want any guest to leave unhappy. Here's my problem -- the override code should be used for emergencies only, and only used in discretionary situations - it is in the policy that we cannot use the override code to circumvent the no receipt return limit, yet our leadership team wants us to do it and no matter how much I try to advise against it, they still insist we "make it right for the guest".

We already lost the missed coupon option, which sucks big time, and I don't want to lose the override option too. I could go on and on about this "Legendary Service" thing because I think that our store is going about it wrong. I've become a broken record about it and if I keep going I'll lose out on whatever advancement might come my way, because that's the way my store is.

Upper level AP leadership is the one that is pushing for this change. I spoke to my AP market leader about it a few days ago. The company has been losing a lot of money due to return fraud and is attempting to put their foot down. Most of this make the guest happy stuff happened after the data breach and simply spiraled out of control.

Upper level AP leadership is the one that is pushing for this change. I spoke to my AP market leader about it a few days ago. The company has been losing a lot of money due to return fraud and is attempting to put their foot down. Most of this make the guest happy stuff happened after the data breach and simply spiraled out of control.

Funny how me, a low level GSTL, can figure out the company is losing money because we accept more returns than we should, but our higher ups can't. And they said I couldn't advance.

Funny how me, a low level GSTL, can figure out the company is losing money because we accept more returns than we should, but our higher ups can't. And they said I couldn't advance.
It's not that they couldn't figure out that money was being lost. That was always known. They just felt it would benefit the company more to make legitimate customers happy and accept all returns. The people in upper AP have always pushed against it for obvious reasons. But you also had the upper level guest experience people pushing for it and just make people happy, especially post-data breach. It isn't until now that the board has decided that the cost of that initiative is outweighing the benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back