Archived No more presentation and pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the PPTL part of this might be a new branch of this that's in testing

Is this company-wide? My store isn't getting rid of plano/pricing and in fact we have a new PPTL on the way from a neighboring store. I'm confused.

Not all stores have a set deadline, some will take longer than others but it is eventually gonna happen.

As a TL? Are head counts going to change? We currently have 5 Salesfloor team leads. 6 if you want to include market.

I can't wait to see people who can marginally do their job have to read planograms and revisions. Set the pegs at -27 inches? No problem. Set the shelves at 102 inches? Got it. Who is sorting fixtures? Ordering supplies? Cleaning the fixture room? Not me.

When no one is an expert, it will be half assed.

I can't wait to see people who can marginally do their job have to read planograms and revisions. Set the pegs at -27 inches? No problem. Set the shelves at 102 inches? Got it. Who is sorting fixtures? Ordering supplies? Cleaning the fixture room? Not me.

It's hard enough to get people to do those things when they know what they are supposed to be doing.

This is what I keep thinking, too. Omg, can you even imagine the fixture room when everybody and nobody is in charge?

And then without a pptl who will the tm's ask when a pog has errors or unusual fixtures or complicated displays. It's not that it can't be figured out, but time is money and confusion is expensive. Sure, you can My Support it, but ya can't leave an aisle undone for 2 days waiting for a reply. It will definitely be a fiasco on many levels.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against change. I'll gladly go to a new system. What I WON'T do is support another area if I'm in charge of mine. So if I'm over market aisles 1 through 5, don't think I'm coming to rescue the person in toasters who is struggling with a revision that has carseats in it. I'll be out of the equation. And I'm fine with that.

This is what I keep thinking, too. Omg, can you even imagine the fixture room when everybody and nobody is in charge?

And then without a pptl who will the tm's ask when a pog has errors or unusual fixtures or complicated displays. It's not that it can't be figured out, but time is money and confusion is expensive. Sure, you can My Support it, but ya can't leave an aisle undone for 2 days waiting for a reply. It will definitely be a fiasco on many levels.

The tms need to ask their TL if they can't figure out a pog. Each TL is now responsible for following up on their sets. I'm always around too so they still come to me and ask me if need be.

The tms need to ask their TL if they can't figure out a pog. Each TL is now responsible for following up on their sets. I'm always around too so they still come to me and ask me if need be.

That's stupid

Because tl's are smarter? My tl depends on the EXPERIENCED tm to do hard sets. A tl may have more access to information on workbench, but that doesn't cover much.

My tl has never NEVER put a tv on the wall in 3 years because she depends on the experienced tm's to do it. Is that lazy? Maybe.

What's the saying? Jack of all trades, master of none?

Because tl's are smarter? My tl depends on the EXPERIENCED tm to do hard sets. A tl may have more access to information on workbench, but that doesn't cover much.

My tl has never NEVER put a tv on the wall in 3 years because she depends on the experienced tm's to do it. Is that lazy? Maybe.

What's the saying? Jack of all trades, master of none?
Sounds like you just have a bad tl. It will be a learning process for sure, and there's a few issues I can see arising, but overall I think it's better if one team owns every aspect of their department. That way there's a more direct line of accountability, and hopefully more opportunities for the team to feel a sense of pride in their work.

Is this company-wide? My store isn't getting rid of plano/pricing and in fact we have a new PPTL on the way from a neighboring store. I'm confused.

You have to remember some regions are way behind others. Every store in my group still has their ETL HR

That sounds perfect if there is still an experienced plano tl/tm still in the store to go ask. Our etl has been with Target a long time and has never set a pog. I say that to say that there isn't always someone around who can give real help when it's needed. Our current tl is very good but only after years in the position, but who knows if he'll stick around after we transition.

I'm not saying that plano shouldn't be disbanded, but I am saying it's all going to get worse before it gets better.

Let's be real here. P&P is the last work center not affected by guest driven scheduling the mytime scheduling graphs, metrics, and crap.

Most POG and Pricing teams schedule 8 hour shifts vs a cashier or SF shift that may only get 5 hours or less. POG and pricing team members are typically maxed out to 40 in other work centers on low set weeks. Why? Most POG teams can do anything else in the store. SFS, BR, Front End. Anywhere really at least the team I've developed and we take care of the team members who do their best. You aren't suppose to schedule based on performance but it happens. I can promise you that no matter the changes they want to deliver at the store level... my hardest working team members will continue to get 35-40 hours every week. That I promise.

I feel strongly the reason behind the changes is to disband the team(s) that carry the weight in hours and workload to more team members on shorter shifts elsewhere to reduce average hours to reduce tms available for full time benefits.

I see it wrong on so many different levels from a team member perspective and from a HQ/store view. Remember, the more hands in the pot - the more room for error. We've already reduced most TL's to bare bones on most store charts. EX: 1 food TL is suppose to run food with the new food rollout, Starbucks, and Cafe!

I don't see anymore room for cuts at the store level. You can go into any random Target and see bad zones and barely a team member in sight. Can it get worse? Bankruptcy?

I feel strongly the reason behind the changes is to disband the team(s) that carry the weight in hours and workload to more team members on shorter shifts elsewhere to reduce average hours to reduce tms available for full time benefits.

I see it wrong on so many different levels from a team member perspective and from a HQ/store view. Remember, the more hands in the pot - the more room for error. We've already reduced most TL's to bare bones on most store charts. EX: 1 food TL is suppose to run food with the new food rollout, Starbucks, and Cafe!

I don't see anymore room for cuts at the store level. You can go into any random Target and see bad zones and barely a team member in sight. Can it get worse? Bankruptcy?

I believe Target is trying to employ less TMs but give them longer shifts. Imagine stores without 25 flow TMs with 4-5 hour shifts and having those hours redistributed elsewhere. Check out some of the rollout guides to get a better perspective on this.

As you said: remember, the more hands in the pot - the more room for error. Do you realize how many times a single product is touched from the time it leaves the distributor to the time it leaves the store? The whole goal of E2E is to reduce that number in order to improve efficiency. Keep in mind that E2E doesn't just involve stores.

Not every store/district is running poorly. Stores in our district are competing to see who can be the greenest in a variety of metrics.

At my store we are keeping the presentation and pricing teams. We rolled out the new Grocery team and DPO process last year around August. So I'm a Dedicated Process Owner for Toys/Sporting Goods, I have a partner that also works with me. Our responsibilities as of now are to do the pulls, push the freight, back stock, zone, research, and guest assistance. So we are basically just Logistics all in one, every department outside of Grocery is broken up with a DPO team member.

My ETL hasn't said anything about us handling pricing or presentation in the future. Our store is high volume so we would never be able to handle that added work on top of what we have to do already. We also still have a flow team that comes in at 2 a.m. to do the unload and then they wave through the store to help push were ever help is needed.

Last edited:
So my meeting today was about our remodels, and nothing said about the end to presentation/pricing. We are however having a TL train with us to be our "PPTL" while we remodel, I suspect so they know how to run transition processes.

I believe Target is trying to employ less TMs but give them longer shifts. Imagine stores without 25 flow TMs with 4-5 hour shifts and having those hours redistributed elsewhere. Check out some of the rollout guides to get a better perspective on this.

As you said: remember, the more hands in the pot - the more room for error. Do you realize how many times a single product is touched from the time it leaves the distributor to the time it leaves the store? The whole goal of E2E is to reduce that number in order to improve efficiency. Keep in mind that E2E doesn't just involve stores.

Not every store/district is running poorly. Stores in our district are competing to see who can be the greenest in a variety of metrics.

They are trading more hands on the product for more hands in all the products logistical life, which are actually the specific metrics. The only thing E2E will accomplish is trimming the fat.

Since we're on the subject, how many of you had your Plano team doing most of the sales planner hours? This has been the deal at my store for all of the time I've been here and TLs and sales floor will help out with them when the team has a huge set with their regular workload. It was just more efficient overall. Now of course all of that is changing with E2E.

Since we're on the subject, how many of you had your Plano team doing most of the sales planner hours? This has been the deal at my store for all of the time I've been here and TLs and sales floor will help out with them when the team has a huge set with their regular workload. It was just more efficient overall. Now of course all of that is changing with E2E.
Its sadly all my hltls do all day. Muck up endcaps. At a rate of five or less a day each. No idea how they think this will work in the first half of the year when there are no hours to get anything done. Second half is fine, but we are a summer tourist area. Not all stores get that lift in sales/ hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back