No sfs

Heard they are piloting having no more sfs TMs but having salesfloor own it, any truth to this? Anyone have info?

How would this even work since SFS orders come from different departments and/or the backroom?

I heard that at store near me completely shut down SFS months ago because of lack of people.

However that store is close enough to ours that Target just sent the orders to us!

Over this last year they've been giving stores a second FFTL and even some stores are getting a FF ETL or second GM ETL to oversee FF. OPU is growing rapidly. It's very unlikely they'll remove a dedicated FF team.

I mean it's currently being piloted in a district near me, just didn't know if anyone had more info on it

How would this even work since SFS orders come from different departments and/or the backroom?

I heard that at store near me completely shut down SFS months ago because of lack of people.

However that store is close enough to ours that Target just sent the orders to us!
Sounds like hours would go back into GM/salesfloor and "salesfloor" would be responsible for getting sfs picked and packed. Still a dedicated opu team.

Sounds like hours would go back into GM/salesfloor and "salesfloor" would be responsible for getting sfs picked and packed. Still a dedicated opu team.
That is essentially what it is. I can just see it go three ways. Everyone on the now larger Salesfloor team pushes all the freight and then tries to collectively tackle the massive amount of ship after. (Not bad but will get crowded if you don't have enough pack stations). Or everyone picks all the ship available then tries to push the frieght.. (imo seems overly complicated since entire ship workload isn't usually available right away). The 3rd way would be to pretend it doesn't exist and continue on with a separate ship and Salesforce team and using either one to supplement the other when it inevitably falls behind.
Keeping it separate to me makes the most sense. In the end it all comes down to call outs and sacrificing where you can. I'd be interested to see how stores are handling that process.

Over this last year they've been giving stores a second FFTL and even some stores are getting a FF ETL or second GM ETL to oversee FF. OPU is growing rapidly. It's very unlikely they'll remove a dedicated FF team.
I can't even imagine no FF Team.

I have a grid in front of me from Thursday:

The front end had 153.25 hours total (checkout advocate, cash office, service advocate, front of store attendant, and team lead all combined in here).
GM had 82.5, Style 97, Fulfillment 76.75, Inbound 24.75, Consumables 38.25

Even that's not enough, all the other departments get pulled to do Flex frequently.

The other issue with no flex Team is SFS, I think we have less than 10 people in the store that know how to pack.

I think I'm probably the only TM that isn't on the flex team that does. A few of the TL's do, but even most of the Flex team has only been trained to pick.

Last edited:
I think you have old news.
I read a long time ago that if the whole DBO thing worked out - eventually each person in charge of their dept would ALSO ADD fulfilling sfs orders for the items from their dept. However, Since DBO didn’t work out And was trashed - so too was the salesfloor filling flex orders.

There may be some pilots happening to tweak the process but GM performing all tasks AND helping guests would NOT make for efficient fulfillment no matter how many hours they were given.

Each dept pulls all their sfs. I would imagine there’s a new process in the back room to resort all of it into orders. Sounds messy to me.

Back