Archived No work for VML/VMTL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am posting on behalf of my VMTL friend at another store who has run into a difficult situation. Over Q4 they were predominantly in hardlines.... toys/seasonal/trend runs/endcap fill which kept them busy 40 hours/week. Now that Q4 is over he wants to go back to spending 50/50 time in hardlines and softlines. Problem is, a newer SLTL is very "by the book" and refuses to let him do his job (says he has to get ETL/STL approval). It's clear the adjacencies/ brand have suffered over there and he has clear expectations from his ETL to resume his role in softlines. What's next? As a VMTL myself I'm at a loss on how to help him... it seems the entire leadership is on a different page about his role in the store and hardlines is hardly going to fill an entire weeks workload this time of year (?)...

He needs to come in and do his job. How is the SLTL stopping him? He should come in and do his mannequins and strike points and go on from there. I think he should try to work it out with TL before going to the ETL. They need to find a way to work together.

Our VMTL is untouchable and is 100% of the time in softlines, if not loaned out to other stores in the district.

Thanks everyone. He's going to talk to his ETL next time they work together. From what he's telling me the SLTL is being very harsh with him, she has told other employees that he's not allowed to make changes in her department with out the STL permission, and undoes any changes he makes. I personally don't understand it. If I were the SLTL I would welcome the extra hours given to help improve my department...

SLTL doesn't want another manger up in their work probably.

ETL or STL will pull in the leash

Mannequins and Shoes are explicitly for the VMTL... not sure how they can be by the book and ignore this lol

another tl can't make a tl do anything. they are peers. that said we use our vmtl more like a softlines tl than vmtl. its up to the salesfloor etl/stl how they want to use them. sounds like they want to run it like ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back