Archived Not allowed to change availability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is long I'm just really frustrated

During our huddle last night the team was told that we are no longer allowed to change our availability. I have an open availability, but I've never been scheduled passed 6am so never took to time to make my availability 10pm-6am. This has been the case for 3+ years.

ETL announced if we have an open availability that we will be scheduled past 6am and if we are unable to work passed 6am we would need to find someone to cover the remainder of our shift. If we leave early we will be written up. I spoke to my ETL since I can't stay past 6 and she pretty much brushed me aside and told me to find coverage for the days I can't work. Can she actually implement this and not allow me to change my availability?

Not sure what you mean by 4am flow process. I work at a heavy freight store. We take at least one truck every day at 10pm and leave at 6am. We do have a 4 am team but they mainly work in p-fresh.

It sounds like you're in an overnight store. Unless your store will be transitioning to a 4AM unload process in the near future (which would be crazy if you're high-volume), I can't imagine why your ETL would need you later than 6.

Sounds like your ETL is a power tripping asshole who somehow thinks that if you can't fill out a form saying you can work certain hours, that your personal commitments will just magically change with that.

I would do an availability change anyways and see what they say. You can just put "other commitments" in the comments but it would probably be helpful to be specific (ex: "I need to get my kids ready for school" or "I have to get to my other job"). If they deny it, it's still nothing to worry about until they actually schedule you past 6. If they do, make an effort to find someone to cover that part, and then just tell your TL/ETL that you have to leave at 6 that day.

They could start coaching/cca for it but they are supposed to be doing more to retain TMs this year. And bullying you into getting fired doesn't help.

Thanks for the help everyone! I'll put in a request for an availability change just so I have a physical record of possibly being denied the request. I'll also talk to HR to see if they might be more accommodating to my other commitments. It's unnecessarily stressful having to worry about getting a write up for being unable to stay late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back