Archived Nuisance groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
***It's really sad that I even have to preface this thread but......my intention of this thread is not to bash on any specific race, ethnicity, age, or gender. ***

Does your store have a regular group (or groups) of individuals that come to the store to cause problems? I.E. fraudulent returns, riding the lectric carts and crashing them into stuff, trashing shoes, etc.

My store has gypsies. Yes, they really do exist. Their "thing" is purchasing clothes and seasonal items, then returning them when they are done with them. The teenage girls are mega recognizable and come in large groups. They usually show up in taxis and "convince" the drivers to wait for them. The girls race the carts and generally destroy softlines. They are in the trouble with the law so often that you just have to threaten them being CT'd and they will leave.

The women are a whole different story. Return nightmare. I'm sure you can imagine. Demanding. Won't give up. We are trying to screw them. Wanting to talk to the president. The computer is wrong. Blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, lets hear if anyone else have these types of specific groups. Please play nice or I will have a mod lock this thread.

My store is fairly close to a high school, so we get fairly regular groups of teenagers. Some are well behaved, but there are others that fill carts with merchandise (condoms, toilet paper, etc) and ditch it in the store. There are other ones who annoy TMs and ask stupid questions.

We have people come in and attempt to set up fraudulent Redcard debit cards and then use the temporary cards to buy visa gift cards. We also have groups of people who will buy razors, etc, with the $10 coupons at one store by the bulk and then return them at different stores.

We've been pretty heavy on stopping both of them in their tracks, and I haven't seen either group in a while. I'm sure they're still out there, but they may have given up on our store (or they are coming in when I'm not around....I've likely just jinxed myself).

Are they Irish Travelers? I remember a decade ago a young mom was returning stolen clothes at Kohl's and ended up beating her daughter in the parking lot because she was bringing too much attention to them. Pretty interesting.

http://www.rickross.com/reference/irish_travelers/irish_travelers5.html

Sort of. Irish decent with accent and all, but these are locals. They stay until they law run them out of town and then a new group rotate in. It's quite the lifestyle.

I want more gypsy stories!

Also, my first store was soccer mom central and not the nice, wholesome ones either. They all think that because they are upper-middle class they sh*t gold.

Not too many stereotypes at my new store, however the international college crowd can be quite irritating at close. "But I have one more item...." Nonononono. Unless it is on the way to the register, you can wait until 8am or go to the Walmart. Other than that this suburban store has really incredible guests compared to my hometown. It's horrifying though, I'm waiting to be proved wrong.

We're near a posh private school so I get a lot of the yuppie larvae at my counter.
Some were raised right.
Others, eh....

My store is fairly close to a high school, so we get fairly regular groups of teenagers. Some are well behaved, but there are others that fill carts with merchandise (condoms, toilet paper, etc) and ditch it in the store. There are other ones who annoy TMs and ask stupid questions.

On the stupid questions, if they do this to you, be on the lookout for whoever they are with stealing things. That happens where 2 or more people will come in, one distracts you while the other starts stealing.

We have no "nuisance groups", but there is one woman who rides the cart who is more a danger than a nuisance. She somehow manages to cut every corner too tight and whacks the endcap basedecks like she's driving a bumpercar. She also tends to back up without looking. We warn each other that she is in the store.

We sometimes have teen girls and guys being really loud and obnoxious late at night running around laughing and it's always the same group of teen girls and guys.

Teenagers...The ones that come destroy everything. Ride the electric carts like toys. Run around the store for no reason.

Country Music Stars...not kidding. Very high maintenance. Always demanding to have special treatment. Their own personal TM to push their cart. Then complain about how other guests are staring at them.

Seasonal Reshoppers...At my first store, we would get women that come in and buy linens, clothes, and such. They have the habitual habit of buying things, take it home for 80 days or so to use, then bring it back in its package or tags with receipts before the 90 day limit.

Hot Wheel Collectors

Clearance Ladies...After every little gift-giving holiday, they come in wanting candy, decorations, or whatever to go clearance then buy it up. And are always demanding to know when it will hit 50% or more off.

Last edited:
Our Hot Wheel collectors are pretty nice and don't really bother anyone. The resellers in our area though.... They're always trying to come in and get electronics people to let them buy a ton of stuff with their resellers lisc. and then throwing a huge fit when we don't let them. We have a few old ladies that drive the cart like bumpercars. Back when I was a PA I remember coming back from lunch many times to find the bakery and produce tables shifted all over the damn place because of them. Sometimes they did it when I was there too, almost got nailed by a table once!

We've had some gypsies before but they were mainly scamming people in the parking lot. Had the coupon fraud people... They are gigantic pains.

Trading card douches.
They come in with their little digital scales, feeling every trading card pack, weighing them trying to find the one with the bonus card.
Get a real job, guys....
Holy cow, that's intense. I'd have told them to get lost.

I had one teenager riding an electric cart. I asked him if he really needed it because another guest did. After riding around the store, he left it and walked to the registers to buy a package of lighters. He did not have his license so I wouldn't override with my supervisor number. Perhaps if he didn't smoke, he wouldn't have needed the electric cart :mosking:

Trading card douches.
They come in with their little digital scales, feeling every trading card pack, weighing them trying to find the one with the bonus card.
Get a real job, guys....
Holy cow, that's intense. I'd have told them to get lost.

The card dudes are there every Thursday morn, standing at the front door with their scales. To me, there is not a nerdier group of grown men. Although, we have 2 guys that are at the front door every morning we have a truck. They are the hot wheelers. Oddly enough, I have never seen them purchase anything. No clue what they look for.

We have a hot wheel collector or two as well...what do they do? Sell them on eBay? Seriously? Who cares? I don't get it.

I want more gypsy stories!

Also, my first store was soccer mom central and not the nice, wholesome ones either. They all think that because they are upper-middle class they sh*t gold.

^ is my store....and they're the ones who are usually b!tch!ng because their meds cost "$1 more than last time"! Zip it, go get back in your BMW SUV with your Starbucks and LV purse and LMTFA!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back