O/N to 4am transition

Hi all,

I was recently told our store would switch back to 4a in wk3 in January 2022. We were 4a before this when modernization hit but switched back to "temporary O/N" during covid in February 2020. Safe to say a lot of original team members before mod switched back to O/N for our store and freight need. We never switched backed... We are a $78m store so told just below the O/N cutoff so I am told 8(. Little back detail, when we switched O/N to 4 and then back 4a to O/N our store struggled for month. Our biggest issue was working through a new process change with every team member and leadership. We have gone the last year and change with 1 O/N leader (I'm the lead and do 4-5 nights per week, closing team lead the other nights stays till 2a and food TL comes in at 2a on those nights). We did more trucks than and year prior at our store (9-11 RDCs per week) and came clean almost everyday.

Right now I feel like a skeleton crew at night. 2 food experts and clear/stage remaining food 1f1's (they average 98% DPCI fill a night), 1 dairy expert, 1 frozen expert, 4 for unload (1 thrower and 3 sorters), 2 gm experts that pull all essentials, decor, domestics, kitchen, and BEP. Then we push entire truck by 6 when more GM/Food comes in at 2a/4a.

For the folks out there that made the switch, how did team members react? What worked best for adjusting scheduling (I think being 4a will be better for having more people pushing when vehicles are filling going into truck 2)? How did leadership adapt to the change (most my ETLs are use to never seeing a truck)? What unseen obstacles am I missing? Anything else to share to tips I am happy to hear.

Thanks

Back