Archived Offered GSA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every single shift I had about a week after my initial promotion to GSA became GSA/GSTL, 35-39 hours a week. It was pure hell.

Yeah, when our front-end leadership was understaffed and we only had 1 GSA, she did 5 days a week of just GSA. Between 33-38 hrs roughly. Fortunately that was not my experience when I got the job but if it had been I would have lost my mind a lot sooner. You guys who can do that are true soldiers out there lol.

At first, it wasn't terrible. It wasn't my cup of tea, but I was able to digest it without making too much of a face.

Our front-end then all of a sudden fell apart pretty quickly for lack of a better word. We lost our ETL-HR & GE at the same time, and although they were replaced, the front-end schedule is fucked. We'd have two scheduled cart attendants (none closing), not enough cashiers approaching Q4, 1-2 hours of no front-end supervision (for example GSTL does open 7-4, next GSA/GSTL doesn't come in until 6:30???), and I had multiple times in which I was scheduled way out of my availability. That's not even half of the issues I dealt with on a near daily basis.

Also, huge LOL at corporate raising the REDcard goal every single week when stores are struggling greatly to even meet the old original goal. It was always refreshing to be called over by an ETL and say "you only have 'x' REDcards right now, step it up". Ah, yes... me. I am all of our cashiers.

*Exhales deeply*

im-free-4.gif

Being an ex-GSA is the best feeling in the world. I recently visited my old store and talked to my former GSTLs. Apparently the new ETL-GE they have is on a constant power trip and treats everyone like dirt, and instead of being admonished for her disgusting personality, she is admired by her fellow ETLs. As well, the front is missing the REDcard goal by about 100 cards a week. Sounds par for the course and makes me all the more glad I left!

I actually can't even say I'll miss my cashiers because more than half of them left for better prospects/quit, so the majority of new hires are seasonal minors that constantly need me to ring up their alcohol.

I will miss nothing about the front-end.

GSA to receiving hardly sounds like stepping down to me.

If you told most of our TM's that a GSA position was open and theirs for the taking they'd respond, "Thanks, but no thanks.". If our receiver quit you'd have people lining up to take her spot. She gets a guaranteed 40 hours every week, she doesn't deal with guests. What's not to like?

You guys make it sound so bad.. when I was promoted to GSA Q4 of last year I was working 60 hour weeks (sometimes over 18 hours in one shift) and loved it (we lost a GSA and a GSTL at once so OT). I was a cashier and was going for GSA for awhile. Now as a GSTL, I still love my GSTL shifts. I'm now working towards a SRGSTL position.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back