Archived Ok so lately I have had problem's at target with authority

Status
Not open for further replies.
But yesterday came in to see if I can apply for flow and of course they said no.so my question how do you guys deal with target b.s.. I love working at target but I just don't think they care about cart attandants.advice needed or opinions

Well, what's your issue? What exactly are you having problems with? "problem's ... with authority" is a very vague statement. Do you have issues with being asked to go up for backup while bringing in carts? Are you disgusted with the bathrooms? Do you dislike not being able to wear shorts when you have a cashier shift?

And on the transfer front...the issue is that it's easier to hire for flow than it is to hire for CA.

Dude

Enough already

CA is a thankless job. We all know it. But your attitude is part of the problem here. It's not "Target BS" that kept you from being added to Flow, it's a number of things, likely including your utter disrespect towards management. To be honest, I'd hate to have you on our Flow team. If you don't like how things are run, quit. Other than that, stop whining about the results of your actions and accept responsibility.

Here's the thing my friend, I am the first person here to say you have to stand up for your self, that you can't let those in power walk on you and that organization is the only solution to standing against those stronger than you.
However, the fact is retail is retail.
It comes specially equipped with bullshit.
You can't get away from it, no matter what store you go to.
Some places are better than others, I really loved working in the book store but we had it there just as much.

So you need to learn to shut up and follow instructions.
Try to figure out why they are asking you to do those things, then try to do them ahead.
If you can impress them by being quick on the ball, someone they don't have to told what to do, then maybe they will think about transferring you.

But considering what you've done lately, you are stuck where you are.
You will have to prove to them that you can be a halfway decent employee period.

So don't take it personally when people tell you to do things, just frelling do them.
Keep busy, don't frelling dawdle, keep your mouth shut, and pay attention to detail.

And if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Last edited:
Best thing I can suggest is shut up, show up for work and do your job. Show your a hardworking employee and maybe their views on you will change for the better and open up some more opportunities.

I have a feeling your young(er). Realize whether you like it or not you have to respect authority in the workplace. Know when you should speak up but also know when to shut up.

Based on your attitude, you're probably a pain in the ass to work with. I wouldn't want to work with you. You get upset being told the most simple things. How can you possibly expect to get promoted, when you can't even get the concept of the basic roles of your current job? Target doesn't owe you anything but a paycheck for your time. You aren't deserving of something you haven't worked for. So you're not a victim of anything, and I think you should reconsider thinking that you are.

I'm not saying that with the intent of just being a jackass, I'm saying that because you probably need to hear it, so take it as some helpful criticism. Work on your attitude, develop a better work ethic, and then maybe after a year of that, you can think about moving up the ladder.

Jesus. Get your shit together or find another job. Your lack of respect for authority will follow you to all jobs, though. You need to get used to the idea that you're going to always have multiple bosses.

Fact: you were hired on as a cart attendant.
Fact: Target can't keep cart attendants for too long, so they're going to keep you in ca mode for as long as possible

I enjoy being a CA. I don't see why so many people hate it so much. Nobody tells me anything, they leave me alone and I do an awesome job. It sure beats cashiering!!!

I enjoy being a CA. I don't see why so many people hate it so much. Nobody tells me anything, they leave me alone and I do an awesome job. It sure beats cashiering!!!
The cart attendants that are reliable and do a good job, I let do their thing, only asking for something if I need it. If you're good at it, it is one of the most independent positions in the store.

I like being cart attandant over cashier I get a lot of lead way depending on who is on but all the good gsa and gstl are gone the other ones are lazy.

The only problem with being CA is that you pretty much have to cashier.

But the beauty is that you aren't STUCK there. As soon as the crowd is cleared, you're out the door!

I'm the last person asked to respond to back up.

I have to agree that Cart Attendants get crapped on a lot at some stores.

At my first store, the cart attendants primary duty was to make sure carts were make sure the cart well had carts. Secondary duties were to perform various tasks which supported the Front End and Guest Experience; cart back defects, gather hangers, bathroom checks....

When stores make Cart Attendants the sole GO-FOR, custodian for the entire store, and every single Carry Out rep when there are other team members capable of doing the job, that is CA's getting crapped on. I have seen TMs push a cart over a spill and demand that the CA come in from outside and clean it up ASAP. Heavily covered FA, SB, and Deli want their orders brought up and their grease dumped. And I have seen TMs leave a guest's carry outs hanging when a CA is on break or is busy pushing a line of carts.

Dude you need an attitude adjustment! Stop bitching and take responsibility for what you are doing or you can look for another job.

My advice would be grow a pair and just get over it. Lots of people are told no and usually there's a reason. You can't possibly be good at your position when you make up this scenario that every single ETL at the store is out to get you. Just stop stop stop, buck up, and just relax.

QFT.
The possibilities are endless: nursing home custodian during a flu outbreak, telephone solicitor, used car salesman, pay day loan center, repo driver, proctologist, municipal roadworks animal recovery, recycling center lineman, road construction worker, setting ranch fencing during drought, slaughterhouse worker to name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back