Archived OMG Target is just getting more ridiculous than ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, I mentioned before several major issues, here are some of it plus some new ones this last couple months.

1) Revisions hours are over 40 hours - This would be simply best if ONE person handled this, since we could not get OTs, it need to be just 40 hours cap MAX. Now, some of you may be thinking, what's the problem, if it's over 40 more people could work on it.

True, but you see the problem is we NEVER have enough extra people that would come help with the revision. So, realistically, no one can help with the revisions when it's over 40. NO ONE!

What manager say - Do your work in half of the time. Their thinking and constantly thinking this way make me want to just beat someone up, seriously. DON'T get it, these people in charge! Even they couldn't do any of their own job in half of the time, I swear.

2) Pretty much the same goes with POGs, expectations is outrageously high for everyone, demand people to set 10-20 hour POGs all in a day of 8 hour shift :/

3) These revisions now ask us to change strips that doesn't actually say need to change, it just change something like 1.001 to 1.0002 but everything else stay the same. Problem: Waste of a lot of time and we are not actually given time for that extra work!

4) We planogram TMs doing POGs/Revs are expected to do our OWN pulls, while it's a damn 200-300+ hours workweek. We only have 4-5 permanent plano TMs. RIDICULOUS expectation again! We are also NOT counted in the hours to do pulls.

So this team of 4-5 is expected to do not only 200-300 hours of plano work but also extra work!

5) This is about the backroom/Flow, they do not backstock before they do PTMs and pulls. Result: Backroom is packed, or I should say littered with hundreds of pallets that makes it almost impossible for anyone to go back to walk thru!

6) They never leave a damn key for the compactor, so each person can do their own trash. Result: The trash is constantly TWO trailers full and all over the backroom. Adding that to the pallets that should get backstocked but doesn't (5) NO one can walk thru without wasting extra time, to move these pallets and trash out of the way. *SIGH*

7) We just have NO fun at all anymore. No cable TV, free food, free drinks for a LONG time!

That's it for this post, but I think it's enough to hate Target as a workplace. I can definitely think of more things that are wrong with Target, just seem that this post is already long enough.

And, last but not least, I have to mention this one. God there is this seemingly very workaholic guy that work here. You know what I think?

Get A LIFE!

I don't know if they pay this dude overtime for months, but he seem to LIVE at Target. Every time I go in, I see him there, every time I leave, he will still be there. Come to think of it, they probably secretly pay him OT.

No way he is there work for free! He is there IMO at least 60 hours a week

Last edited:
Wait, note. I think we only have actually counting myself officially only 3-4 TMs 5 counting the boss, but my boss work way less work than the rest of us, of course.

The issue this week, is not even 4 total perm. TMs are doing the plano, and we were also asked to do our own pulls while it was a 200-300 workload.

Spot demands we all do a lot of work in a short amount of time...not just the pog team, or revision captain. They push us all harder and harder and there always seems to be too much work with not enough hours. The pog team in my store pulls all their own pogs ( once in a great while they will get help, but that's rare) However, they do not handle their own backstock. Your comment about the backroom...I can only speak for my store. I work in the backroom and know this time of the year our hours get cut. However, we are still expected to do the same amount of work...plus handle all the pog teams backstock and the backstock from sales planners .So, this could be why your stores backroom looks like a hot mess. Maybe your stores backroom team feels just as you do...like they have so much to get done and not enough hours to do it . ...or maybe they are short handed as well. Also, if its hard for you to walk around in the backroom...guess what...its hard for the backroom team to move back there as well. They ( backroom) are timed on cafs, autofills etc so having a cluttered work center is more frustrating for them than anyone else. So, I am pretty sure they don't like it looking like that . Have you ever worked in the backroom? If not maybe you should .... As for the key being left in the compactor at my store they never left a key in there....the receiving person as one as well as the lods...so someone is usually nearby . The baler has several keys that any team member can sign out ( as long as they are certified)...so cardboard sitting around shouldn't be an issue. Someone just has to take a moment to do the right thing and go up ffront and sign out a key.

tgtguy, I think you have misunderstood me.

I was not blaming backroom at all, I sympathize backroom too (and anyone do a hard work that is accurate). But I am however, blaming the Target HQ brainless practice of OVER demanding and very very unrealistic expectations.

Last edited:
30 hours of cosmetics this week. And most of the nail care signs ... Missing. How does this help the guest?

We'll never this week's workload. There are still sales planners from 12/28 not done.

We are not getting thing done realistically, but my boss is trying to have us do work HALF of the time unrealistically! :| :| :|

Really is unrealistic IMO to do a 15-20 hour workload all in 1 day!

NO matter what aisle it is, it's just too OVER demanding.

Our workload through out the store is increasing, too. You can see it in the unfinished back stock, the zone, the messy backroom/walk ins, and empty areas in the store.

:/

In my store we do not pull or back stock pogs. I have five people on my team. We usually get the work done thats all new Plano, revisions and sales planers. I plan the workload six weeks ahead. I let hr know how many hours are needed each week. If I have to many hours I schedule other team members to help with the work load. If you think your ptl doesn't do as much as you do try doing there job for a month.

Our pog team is 3 people. We use flow, salesfloor, backroom, whoever we can get to help out with the heavy transitions. Usually we just set the pogs and let them do the pulls and push on big resets.

We left pogs, revisions, and sales planners not done this week. Hmmm, we still have a couple sales planners from last week still undone. But yes, go ahead and cut hours.

We left pogs, revisions, and sales planners not done this week. Hmmm, we still have a couple sales planners from last week still undone. But yes, go ahead and cut hours.

Well if you had planned better and used your resources you would have finished. /sarcasm (fonts are tricky on mobile)

Well if you had planned better and used your resources you would have finished.

How's that?

Well if you had planned better and used your resources you would have finished. /sarcasm (fonts are tricky on mobile)

Yes, please let this be sarcasm. I'm not the tl, or srtl, or etl. I busted my ass getting those cosmetic revisions done in two days. And we are still behind. I have to say, it's bulls**t. Target sends all this work, but then doesn't adequately allocate resources to do it. That, or at the store level, the supervision team squanders it. I personally set way over 40 hours of pogs/revisions this week and still did most of the signing.

Last edited:
30 hours of cosmetics this week. And most of the nail care signs ... Missing. How does this help the guest?

We'll never this week's workload. There are still sales planners from 12/28 not done.[/QUO
Our store didn't have the signage for polish, either....hmmmm....did they send out the signs?

We'll never this week's workload. There are still sales planners from 12/28 not done.

Is this a company wide issue that they continually never send signs for cosmetics, the one area that actually really kind of needs it?

Is this a company wide issue that they continually never send signs for cosmetics, the one area that actually really kind of needs it?

Every cosmetics revision I have ever done was missing signs.
It is SOP.
Probably some kind of psychological test to see how long it takes to make a Signing Ninja crack under the stress.

I believe the nail care signs arrived sometime Friday afternoon. I saw a package in my mailbox as I was putting away my equipment. It said urgent revisions signs inside. I put it back in my mailbox and clocked out.

Every cosmetics revision I have ever done was missing signs.
It is SOP.
Probably some kind of psychological test to see how long it takes to make a Signing Ninja crack under the stress.

what's sop

[[/QUOTE

what's sop[/QUOTE]
When looking and reading this it made me recall the stupid series of commercials where the people kept saying....whatsup?

what's sop
When looking and reading this it made me recall the stupid series of commercials where the people kept saying....whatsup?

Are you talking about the beer commercials (Budweiser?) from around 2000 or so where the guys at the bar yell "WAZZUP?!?!" into the phone? I remember seeing those all the time during hockey games.

^^^^^ yes, those were the commercials I was talking about! These dorky commercials started, I think, with one of the SuperBowl games.....and then they continued for waaaaaaaaaayyyy too long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back