One For Ones

It is when an item is at 30% of capacity or less. It was a complete failure at my store I hope it's not going to roll out to everyone. We were told to stop doing them and go back to 1 4 1s. It sounds good in theory as it's less pulls, but it causes your backroom to be extremely full.
I always appreciated one for ones because it kept your backroom as empty as possible, and if you were the one pulling the same pulls every day, you could see what was selling consistently and maybe grab all of them for a sidecap or something.

It is when an item is at 30% of capacity or less. It was a complete failure at my store I hope it's not going to roll out to everyone. We were told to stop doing them and go back to 1 4 1s. It sounds good in theory as it's less pulls, but it causes your backroom to be extremely full.
I suggested that in a chatbot. I don't think I was the catalyst for them to make that decision, but I obviously like the idea. I see a lot of stores that are struggling to push truck and can't possibly complete 1 for 1s. So why should they waste time pulling 2 packs of gum that has a capacity of 200? If they don't have the time to get everything done, they should focus on the items that have sold 4 and only have a capacity of 8.

If you have time to pull 1 for 1s, that should be the goal. But if you have an entire truck that hasn't been unloaded from 2 days ago, just do the 30% option.

There is a store near me with dozens and dozens pallets that they can't push. They spend a few hours each day moving the pallets behind the store in the morning so they can push the truck, and then a few more hours in the evening bringing the pallets back into the store.

I suggested that in a chatbot. I don't think I was the catalyst for them to make that decision, but I obviously like the idea. I see a lot of stores that are struggling to push truck and can't possibly complete 1 for 1s. So why should they waste time pulling 2 packs of gum that has a capacity of 200? If they don't have the time to get everything done, they should focus on the items that have sold 4 and only have a capacity of 8.

If you have time to pull 1 for 1s, that should be the goal. But if you have an entire truck that hasn't been unloaded from 2 days ago, just do the 30% option.

There is a store near me with dozens and dozens pallets that they can't push. They spend a few hours each day moving the pallets behind the store in the morning so they can push the truck, and then a few more hours in the evening bringing the pallets back into the store.
We struggled far more to complete priorities then we are completing 1 4 1s. Our backroom is so much emptier now we have caught up on 1 4 1s again. In theory it sounds good but it isn't. You are already back there pulling and as someone who did priority pulls for 8 months it causes way more problems then saving 10 minutes an area in less pulls. Pulling the extra items allows for a much much cleaner, empty, and organized backroom. I can guarantee it saves time in pushing and backstocking over what you save pulling and in doing so you also have less in the backroom. Priorities are not the answer. Your store should focus on getting the pulls done. I'm not lying I would rather quit then go back to priority pulls.

We struggled far more to complete priorities then we are completing 1 4 1s. Our backroom is so much emptier now we have caught up on 1 4 1s again. In theory it sounds good but it isn't. You are already back there pulling and as someone who did priority pulls for 8 months it causes way more problems then saving 10 minutes an area in less pulls. Pulling the extra items allows for a much much cleaner, empty, and organized backroom. I can guarantee it saves time in pushing and backstocking over what you save pulling and in doing so you also have less in the backroom. Priorities are not the answer. Your store should focus on getting the pulls done. I'm not lying I would rather quit then go back to priority pulls.
I’d just like to have the option if I need it. If we sell 1 of every DPCI in the store, I want to prioritize restocking the small appliances that have 1-2 eaches, not the mac and cheese that has a capacity of 300. If I have time, absolutely yes I will pull all of them. But pulling 1 of the 300 packs of gum I have in the back isn’t going to empty my backroom.

I’d just like to have the option if I need it. If we sell 1 of every DPCI in the store, I want to prioritize restocking the small appliances that have 1-2 eaches, not the mac and cheese that has a capacity of 300. If I have time, absolutely yes I will pull all of them. But pulling 1 of the 300 packs of gum I have in the back isn’t going to empty my backroom.
You can literally focus your pulls now. You can pull by pog, aisle, or department if need be. Your store just needs to focus on pulls more then. My 141s are smaller then my old priority pulls because it's a trap that sounds good but in reality ruined my store and the other store in my district that did it. I haven't heard of any store that has liked priority pulls on this forum either.

We struggled far more to complete priorities then we are completing 1 4 1s. Our backroom is so much emptier now we have caught up on 1 4 1s again
huh? Priority pulls SAVED our ass during Remodel. during remodel for tech ( we moved from the front to the back) we legit just couldn’t pull 141 because of the fact that the isles were going to change. then when we finished moving (early Q4 mind you). 141 was like 500. but priority was 100. Granted, 141 keeps the backroom much emptier. it doesn’t really matter?

Eventually you are going to pull those items. it’s just a matter of when.

You can literally focus your pulls now. You can pull by pog, aisle, or department if need be. Your store just needs to focus on pulls more then. My 141s are smaller then my old priority pulls because it's a trap that sounds good but in reality ruined my store and the other store in my district that did it. I haven't heard of any store that has liked priority pulls on this forum either.
I guess what I’m saying is that we focus on pulls too much at my store. We frequently had the 1 for 1s below 100 eaches for the entire store this summer.

Pulling 3-4 of every single little item that's sold in, say, Back to School is not productive and is a waste of payroll. Far more efficient pulling a casepack of crayons when the bin is getting empty versus pulling a couple boxes here and there every time a guest buys them. The time picking tiny items and the walk time pushing them on the floor could be better spent doing things like zoning.

I guess what I’m saying is that we focus on pulls too much at my store. We frequently had the 1 for 1s below 100 eaches for the entire store this summer.
Yeah true hitting that 60-70% a day seems to be a pretty sweet spot for us.

Yeah, starting to notice that too. Priorities are smaller but the backroom stays full. Had a smaller truck today and pulled some of the 141's and made some shelf space. We just had priorities start this past week. So far they only have us pulling priorities and not 141's so much. I think I will let them figure this part out for themselves though, as far as backroom space. Thank you all for the info on this new system, well new to us. This site is always a great help!

huh? Priority pulls SAVED our ass during Remodel. during remodel for tech ( we moved from the front to the back) we legit just couldn’t pull 141 because of the fact that the isles were going to change. then when we finished moving (early Q4 mind you). 141 was like 500. but priority was 100. Granted, 141 keeps the backroom much emptier. it doesn’t really matter?

Eventually you are going to pull those items. it’s just a matter of when.
It definitely matters. Tech pulls are nothing compared to essentials or even domestics. When your Chem aisle or domestics aisle are busting at the seem or when you get in 100-150 boxes of diapers a day you best believe you want your stockroom as empty as possible.

Yeah, starting to notice that too. Priorities are smaller but the backroom stays full. Had a smaller truck today and pulled some of the 141's and made some shelf space. We just had priorities start this past week. So far they only have us pulling priorities and not 141's so much. I think I will let them figure this part out for themselves though, as far as backroom space. Thank you all for the info on this new system, well new to us. This site is always a great help!
I will say the biggest difference for me was that our zone and on hands were so much better because nobody could over push because everything was full. I could zone all of hba, Chem, and otc in 30 minutes and make it look presentable for a visit. It's not about saving time pulling. Your already in the back pulling and doing probably 30% more pills doesn't add that much time. Trying to get 141s 100% is a waste and will drive people crazy. Saving time zoning and having better on hands is far more valuable. On hands don't seem to matter as much nowadays as dcs are just dumping product trying to make room for the holidays.

It definitely matters. Tech pulls are nothing compared to essentials or even domestics. When your Chem aisle or domestics aisle are busting at the seem or when you get in 100-150 boxes of diapers a day you best believe you want your stockroom as empty as possible.
yeah tech pulls are nothing compared to other depts.... normally. we haven't pulled in days and we're a busy store. I get what you're saying tho. I think depts should decide on what the best for business needs. most depts are fine with priority but like you said. stuff like baby or domestics might benefit more from 141 instead of priority.

yeah tech pulls are nothing compared to other depts.... normally. we haven't pulled in days and we're a busy store. I get what you're saying tho. I think depts should decide on what the best for business needs. most depts are fine with priority but like you said. stuff like baby or domestics might benefit more from 141 instead of priority.
You can still pull 1 for 1s with priorities. Just pull the priority and then pull the remaining 1 for 1s if you want. That's what my store's infant hardlines DBO does.

You can still pull 1 for 1s with priorities. Just pull the priority and then pull the remaining 1 for 1s if you want. That's what my store's infant hardlines DBO does.
At that point just pull the OFO to start? You’re wasting your time going down the aisles twice to get the same number. Your priority pull % still counts even if those dpcis were pulled in a OFO batch or Priorty Batch. We typically pull OFOs until later, than focus on pulling Priority in any area we aren’t going to get all theOFOs and then finally OOS at the end of the night. Typically 100% OOS, 90-100% Priority and 70-80% OFO everyday.

At that point just pull the OFO to start? You’re wasting your time going down the aisles twice to get the same number. Your priority pull % still counts even if those dpcis were pulled in a OFO batch or Priorty Batch. We typically pull OFOs until later, than focus on pulling Priority in any area we aren’t going to get all theOFOs and then finally OOS at the end of the night. Typically 100% OOS, 90-100% Priority and 70-80% OFO everyday.

Priority counts if pulled in OFO? Interesting because OOs don't count unless pulled first, unless that's been fixed?

Back