One For Ones

TheQuietStorm

ETL GM & Food
I’m sure many of you know, a big company focus right now is one for ones.

The company goal right now is 60%. If your store is consistently meeting this goal, could you share the strategy / scheduling behind it?

Do your TMs pull? TLs pull everything? Pull everything at night and stage for inbound ?

Our one for ones are pulled in the am & pushed then.
How are you only pulling them once and meeting the goal of 60%? I have tried this with one dept to test it and still barely make it over the 50%. I’ve tried pulling them all in the am, then again after 1pm. But I just can’t get them pulled twice every day with the amount of truck we are getting too and evening team does not pull them a second time.

they don't give a fig about the pulls it is all about getting freight done. only the pets are getting hours. you can't get 6 to 8 hours of work done in 4 and a half.

One for ones are a joke just like the old pulls were. Get things to drop out of the pulls go to audit and switch back and forth skip items in your pull then audit it to the capacity and it will drop out of pull
If there are no hours we need to take short cuts to complete theses one for ones

I forget which thread mentioned that a pull doesn’t count unless you see the green message at the bottom of the screen that says Pull Complete. I still want to know if that’s (1) true and (2) why the system would work like that? Our TL’s and SD really want us to do pulls by aisle and I think that’s so we can get to the pull complete message. What happens to the pull percentage if I decide to hit “I’m Done” half way through my pull?

That’s interesting. Because I know that personal care eaches 1:1 is over 2,000 and not one day have they pulled it to the green “pull complete” message. Yet they did show a percentage of completion on the weekly report. It was low like in the 20% range but it wasn’t a 0%

I forget which thread mentioned that a pull doesn’t count unless you see the green message at the bottom of the screen that says Pull Complete. I still want to know if that’s (1) true and (2) why the system would work like that? Our TL’s and SD really want us to do pulls by aisle and I think that’s so we can get to the pull complete message. What happens to the pull percentage if I decide to hit “I’m Done” half way through my pull?
the app crashed out so much that it is no longer a concern I have. the app is just a metric collection device to fuel some tools at corp. we are sitting on heaps of freight. we are still getting Halloween candy. we contact every one we should and then some and nothing just null response.

as a collected group of suffering peons under the poor management of Brother Brian we've had a better response from the corporate IT people on this forum than the official channels.

we do no know if what the zebra does is actually happening. did that thing I just backstocked actually get recorded? don't know. that pull you just did?? same thing, maybe it did maybe it didn't. but you better believe that they will hound us if we do not meet the metrics that are based on suspect data.

yes I ranted a bit or a lot all good Target is a wonderful place the red Kool-Aid tastes like broken promises…… mmm…mm… yummy

My store is now wanting us to fill by POG rather than by aisle in order to increase the percentage, so I'm pretty sure that means that yes, the pull has to be completed otherwise it doesn't count. I don't know the specifics of it however, such as if completing one aisle through the aisle option, or doing each POG individually is better for the stats. I also don't know if when you start a pull that you don't finish, if that lowers the completion percentage because you didn't finish it, or if the percentage is based on all pulls whether they're touched or not and it's fine to do just a partial pull.

I’m sure many of you know, a big company focus right now is one for ones.

The company goal right now is 60%. If your store is consistently meeting this goal, could you share the strategy / scheduling behind it?

Do your TMs pull? TLs pull everything? Pull everything at night and stage for inbound ?
Everyday before push.

We been able to pull consistently every hour through the day and we are in the 90s to 100% pulls daily. We are also hitting sales goals everyday as well. There’s few of us in the department so we can tell when someone might be slacking. Won’t say the department but under this new score theres very few departments that will be in the green unless all areas are staffed open to close

We been able to pull consistently every hour through the day and we are in the 90s to 100% pulls daily. We are also hitting sales goals everyday as well. There’s few of us in the department so we can tell when someone might be slacking. Won’t say the department but under this new score theres very few departments that will be in the green unless all areas are staffed open to close
I just wonder how many tms you have per uboats per eaches in the 141s

I haven't looked in a while, but I think it's based on average department pull completion. Like, if you don't pull the "Gift Card" pull all day and it's only 1 unit, that's 0% completion for that area and it counts against the total. The completion percentage isn't expected to reach 100%, that's impossible. I may be wrong with my math, but essentially if you pull every department once a day it should be easy to reach that goal. Additional pulls should be done during the day in areas that sales are peaking. Your pull percentage will decrease throughout the day as the sales floor need rides. On Greenfield you can dive into each work center and see where pulls are being missed or not being completed enough.

I just wonder how many tms you have per uboats per eaches in the 141s
I was only talking about 1 department with DBOs which I’m in. Market,Toys, Style & Beauty are the lowest % under those reports all of those are under staffed & added to the fact it’s OPUs and back up up front the majority of their shift the lowest are has a completion report avg the last 2 weeks of less then 20%. Unless they change how’s it’s scored its based of sales by the hour. If u sell 5 of a item in a said hour it & you have more in the back within the hour you have until the end of the hour to pull it. There’s times we are pulling 3-4+ times a hour to keep it 0s across the board

I haven't looked in a while, but I think it's based on average department pull completion. Like, if you don't pull the "Gift Card" pull all day and it's only 1 unit, that's 0% completion for that area and it counts against the total. The completion percentage isn't expected to reach 100%, that's impossible. I may be wrong with my math, but essentially if you pull every department once a day it should be easy to reach that goal. Additional pulls should be done during the day in areas that sales are peaking. Your pull percentage will decrease throughout the day as the sales floor need rides. On Greenfield you can dive into each work center and see where pulls are being missed or not being completed enough.
The percentage is based on the SF need vs how much was pulled for the day. Best ways to Achieve the (point less) percentage is
-Pull your pulls as late in the day as possible- For example you pull a pull thats 20 items in the morning, and don't pull that category again for the rest of the day, and 20 more items drop in, that pull is 50%
- Always Pull your largest pulls as much as you can (for my store its dry grocery, dairy, frozen, pets and chemicals).
- Roll the least amount of pulls over to the next day as possible. They will count against you twice. If you start of Sunday and Monday bad on one for ones, you will screw yourself for the week.

On a good day, I can pull 1-4-1s in my area 2x. Want to guess how many days I can complete that task in a month?

Another guess as to how many other people work in my area? Or if my pulls are completed on my day off? If the pulls are completed, but then staged for me to push on my next day at work? - which puts me behind for the day....

It’s not true. Can 100% confirm.

Our ETL's have been pulling multiple times a day for us, so we can try and come halfway clean on truck. My ETL are the first to say payroll/ workload/frieght is bullshit right now, so they jump in too help. Our HR ETL pulled all toy,sprt,bhl,stat,dec,dom yesterday.

Last edited:
Back