One For Ones

Our ETL's have been pulling multiple times a day for us, so we can try and come halfway clean on truck. My ETL are the first to say payroll/ workload/frieght is bullshit right now, so they jump in too help. Our HR ETL pulled all toy,sprt,bhl,stat,dec,dom yesterday.

ETL-HR do a pull? What kind of alternate universe is this you are describing. Cause ours is could not understand that you can't pick more than one grocery OPU at the same time. Could not understand it. And I had to get a coaching since I refused to do it.

I’m sure many of you know, a big company focus right now is one for ones.

The company goal right now is 60%. If your store is consistently meeting this goal, could you share the strategy / scheduling behind it?

Do your TMs pull? TLs pull everything? Pull everything at night and stage for inbound ?
I have my team at 100% that's my expectation as well as theirs.
Every chance they get they are pulling. It has to be done once before noon. And continued thought the day. As well as the end of the night making sure it is zero.
My grocery TM pulls all areas and works all areas. No staging for us. Pull it work it. They all take turns. It has been working great even through Q4.

I have my team at 100% that's my expectation as well as theirs.
Every chance they get they are pulling. It has to be done once before noon. And continued thought the day. As well as the end of the night making sure it is zero.
My grocery TM pulls all areas and works all areas. No staging for us. Pull it work it. They all take turns. It has been working great even through Q4.
I'm sorry but hahaha hahahah ahah lol. you can not be serious? I mean I just got off like literally just walked in the door. and this is just the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

I just watched some one take 6 hours to do the BEV workload and did not even complete it, again x1000. the rest of the team is pretty much snorting coke out of dead hooker's bellybutton for all I know for the amount of work they've gotten done. and we are one of the better stores in the district. so when I see silliness like this I am highly skeptical.

I mean good on you if this is real but from what is on this forum and various others you are one of the unicorn stores. the rest of us are getting moldy rotten fruit slapped upside out heads on a daily basis.

ETL-HR do a pull? What kind of alternate universe is this you are describing. Cause ours is could not understand that you can't pick more than one grocery OPU at the same time. Could not understand it. And I had to get a coaching since I refused to do it.
Our ETL-HR is like a mini gm etl she is NEVER in her office, except for schedule days. ALways on the floor pushing, flexes, man caf. Our old HR didnt do shit, so the one we have now we would run through fire for, she works about 60 hrs, id say 45 is spent in gm right now.

For the last week at my store all of specialty has been over 70% every day on OFOs only because we've been doing one in the AM and another around 4 pm. I don't expect my team to pull the second one, though; either myself or my ETL will do it.

Since we lost power due to the Texas situation, we've had every ETL, TL, and TM push the FDC truck when it comes in. Even had our SD push frozen yesterday. 2 years ago during christmas all the ETL's packed or picked, even the SD (although his inf and pack speed were abysmal). We don't have the sit-in-office all day ETL's that some describe, they don't do the grunt work often but they still help out when it's needed.

Since we lost power due to the Texas situation, we've had every ETL, TL, and TM push the FDC truck when it comes in. Even had our SD push frozen yesterday. 2 years ago during christmas all the ETL's packed or picked, even the SD (although his inf and pack speed were abysmal). We don't have the sit-in-office all day ETL's that some describe, they don't do the grunt work often but they still help out when it's needed.

Ours will when the DTL is watching beyond that? Yeah no.

I’m sure many of you know, a big company focus right now is one for ones.

The company goal right now is 60%. If your store is consistently meeting this goal, could you share the strategy / scheduling behind it?

Do your TMs pull? TLs pull everything? Pull everything at night and stage for inbound ?
This is why we need a back room team. They can pull and push all of the 1-4-1’s and have it all clear.

Hi! New to forum and looking over some of the great questions and answers here. We pull and push everything in the evening. Closing Experts are responsible for this. There are usually 5 of us. There is one TM specifically for Market. Pull and Push. Our Closing Leader gives us help when she thinks we need it. Just someone to push what we pull. We have been 100% for at least close to a year.

We cant leave at close until all one for ones are pulled and staged.
I, for one, hate it when someone pulls a one-for-one and leaves it for me to push the next day. Invariably, stuff is just thrown into the cart, with no care for keeping like things together. Even two of the same product aren't kept together. So I spend almost as much time sorting everything as if I just pulled it the next morning.
But it makes the numbers look good so who cares, right? I guess I should be grateful that our closing shifts have been so lightly staffed lately that one-for-ones hardly ever get pulled at night anymore. Makes my batches pretty big in the morning, but I'm okay with that.

I, for one, hate it when someone pulls a one-for-one and leaves it for me to push the next day. Invariably, stuff is just thrown into the cart, with no care for keeping like things together. Even two of the same product aren't kept together. So I spend almost as much time sorting everything as if I just pulled it the next morning.
But it makes the numbers look good so who cares, right? I guess I should be grateful that our closing shifts have been so lightly staffed lately that one-for-ones hardly ever get pulled at night anymore. Makes my batches pretty big in the morning, but I'm okay with that.
Our sd and closing lead wont let that happen. They are strict about it being pulled and put in clean and organized. Which our team so far does without fail. Sorry your store wont do the same. Our night crew is pretty well run thank goodness

Hard agree with this from back in my GM days. Even if the Closing TL and Expert make an attempt to organize it, it's not going to be organized in the very hyper specific way that I organized my kitchen pull, so pushing it will be less efficient.

organized in the very hyper specific way
Seriously! I do these pulls 5 mornings a week and I organize my cart in the same way every time. That means I can bang it out super fast and get into pushing my truck and all the rest of it.
put in clean and organized
This is good, but like @seasonaldude did, I organize my cart in a certain way. I've walked into my back room space some days to find 3 carts, each not even half full, with one-for-one batches pulled the previous evening. They were organized ... but 3 carts?! Good grief. I can almost always fit both my batches (OTC and personal care) in one very, very full cart, even if each batch is large. It'll be piled high and layered, but it all fits.

Our sd and closing lead wont let that happen. They are strict about it being pulled and put in clean and organized. Which our team so far does without fail. Sorry your store wont do the same. Our night crew is pretty well run thank goodness
Oh look- your closing team is essentially the back room team all over again! Lol. In that aspect you guys must be one of the only store with 100% on their pulls huh?

personally I find it hard to believe any store is getting that much pulled. It’s part of the reason they introduced “priority pulls”. Because they know that stores aren’t getting all of their one for one’s pulled. In order to do that a store would have to have a really stacked team at night and most stores you hear about say they only have one or two people closing on the sales floor so I find it hard to believe that person would spend hours in the back room pulling and not doing all the reshop, zone and guest servicing that needs to be done.

Oh look- your closing team is essentially the back room team all over again! Lol. In that aspect you guys must be one of the only store with 100% on their pulls huh?

personally I find it hard to believe any store is getting that much pulled. It’s part of the reason they introduced “priority pulls”. Because they know that stores aren’t getting all of their one for one’s pulled. In order to do that a store would have to have a really stacked team at night and most stores you hear about say they only have one or two people closing on the sales floor so I find it hard to believe that person would spend hours in the back room pulling and not doing all the reshop, zone and guest servicing that needs to be done.
Agreed.

Our store is so far behind that they are only concerned with OOS.

My stores pulls are between 60-70% everyday and 100% oos. Imo we are spendng too much payroll to get there but it's not my decision. Usually have 3-4 gm (includes home-seasonal) pullers a day and 2 market pullers.

We uave zero pulls left when we leave. I dont lnow it that makes is 100% as they pull a little suring the day but leave us with the bulk of it. We ha w a system of when we pull vs zones and stuff.

Oh, a lot of stores are getting things pulled. District and above can see the metric. They can't see zones, piles up reshop, and guest service. A good way to keep them from seeing those things is not not inducing visits by going red on metrics, like pulls. So that has been my store's strategy. Closers pull, pull, and pull some more.

It's worked to keep the DSD away except for planned visits. But now the store is in such a sorry state otherwise that our NPS score is in the 40s. So now leadership is on edge about a possible unplanned visit next week.

Oh, a lot of stores are getting things pulled. District and above can see the metric. They can't see zones, piles up reshop, and guest service. A good way to keep them from seeing those things is not not inducing visits by going red on metrics, like pulls. So that has been my store's strategy. Closers pull, pull, and pull some more.

It's worked to keep the DSD away except for planned visits. But now the store is in such a sorry state otherwise that our NPS score is in the 40s. So now leadership is on edge about a possible unplanned visit next week.
Probably stores in worse shape then yours unfortunately. My store has been a disaster for a bit but it's not as bad as others apparently so we haven't had a visit in long time except for some random stuff but there there for other things and barely walk around

I was about to ask about "priority pulls" since I see few talking about it, maybe it has not rolled out to all stores yet. Personally it is nice since my store is way behind on 141's lately. The main question know one seems to have an answer for is what makes an item priority? It is not really an out of stock but it does pulls those in the priority pull also, it is not a critical low or all items on sale. I think it is a small compromise by the company realizing that a lot of stores are struggling with their trucks and 141's, now just fix the trucks.

I was about to ask about "priority pulls" since I see few talking about it, maybe it has not rolled out to all stores yet. Personally it is nice since my store is way behind on 141's lately. The main question know one seems to have an answer for is what makes an item priority? It is not really an out of stock but it does pulls those in the priority pull also, it is not a critical low or all items on sale. I think it is a small compromise by the company realizing that a lot of stores are struggling with their trucks and 141's, now just fix the trucks.
It is when an item is at 30% of capacity or less. It was a complete failure at my store I hope it's not going to roll out to everyone. We were told to stop doing them and go back to 1 4 1s. It sounds good in theory as it's less pulls, but it causes your backroom to be extremely full.

Back