Archived Opening at 7:00AM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just found out on Thursday that we open at 7:00AM starting today (Sunday.) Are we getting extra payroll? Nope.

We have opened at 7am year round ever since last q4. To be honest not too much should be changing.

Your process teams are already coming in the morning. I think the only thing that changed is we moved a cashier from 7 to 8am and more help comes at 830.

Last edited:
If my stores hours are already 7-10 will we be opening at 6 then?

Been open at 7am for the last 2 years at my Super.

There's a store in the area that's only open at 7 on Sundays. It's the only store that has the same number of open hours throughout the week.

We're in the same boat. 7am - 11pm, 7 days a week, as of yesterday (and this will continue after the holidays).

I was told this would make us more competitive with our grocery rivals: Walmart and Meijer (open 24 hours) and the local chains (most opening at 6am daily), without needing to add significant amounts of payroll. Means I get to come in at 6:45 now for my opening GSTL shifts...whoo-hoo!

We're in the same boat. 7am - 11pm, 7 days a week, as of yesterday (and this will continue after the holidays).

I was told this would make us more competitive with our grocery rivals: Walmart and Meijer (open 24 hours) and the local chains (most opening at 6am daily), without needing to add significant amounts of payroll. Means I get to come in at 6:45 now for my opening GSTL shifts...whoo-hoo!
Same here. We have to cut hours later this week. I don't know, maybe I'll be taking hour long lunches.
The ETLs say they did not know till Thursday, but I'm sorry to say I do not trust them to tell the truth.

We went to 7am last 4th Quarter, and suspiciously stayed there. (Was later told my STL requested it, the Asshat).

If my stores hours are already 7-10 will we be opening at 6 then?

No, I think 7 is the earliest any store starts. Every store does their unload at 6 at the latest so they wouldn't open the door during unload.

Even for Black Friday when all stores open at 6, most stores are pushing their unload back.

No, I think 7 is the earliest any store starts.
Only store I've seen earlier than 7am:

VWkNFo3.jpg

Looking at street view it looks like a tiny store mainly catering to people who need a pharmacy and Starbucks

It's a tiny store situated within San Francisco City and is a high theft area. It's a tourist spot. They used to close late but due to theft and for the safety of the workers, they close early.

EDIT:
Sorry, I was thinking of another City Target in San Francisco. That one is in a tourist spot and opens from 7am to 10pm. They used to be open till midnight but changed to 10pm due to high risk. Sorry my mistake

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back