Archived Orientation tomorrow, what should I expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So tomorrow will be my first day, orientation is 12:30 to 6:30. Will I just be watching videos all day, or what is process like ? Thank you.

You usually sit down with other new hires, watch a few videos, sign papers, sometimes do a scavenger hunt type thing where you have to ask team members questions and find things in the store. Mine was only a couple hours so because yours is long they may have you shadow someone in the department you're working in

I'm not sure how other stores do it but I'll tell you how mine does.

First things first, if they asked you to bring your social security card and a valid state ID, DO NOT FORGET TO BRING THOSE. What happened at my orientation was that these two dudes brought a different form of ID (a copy of it, school, temp, etc.) and that was the last time I ever saw them. I'm hoping they just came later but I'm assuming my ETL-HR was like "If they can't even do that simple task right then we don't want them."

Anyways, on to orientation:
1. You'll get a tour of your store by an HR team member.
2. After that, you guys will go over paperwork, just usual stuff like store policies, meal compliance, making sure all your info is correct.
3. You guys will watch videos on how to vibe with guests, treat other TMs, sexual harassment, HR related issues. Basically how to act at work.
4. You'll be set up at a computer where you'll learn the "textbook" of your work center and different things.
5. DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU'RE PLACED, you'll get some time to train at a register and get all the basics down.
6. You'll most likely shadow someone at a register or someone in your work center.

That's pretty much it. My only piece of advice and to anyone new at front end (where I work most of the time) at my store is to ask ANY and ALL questions that come into mind. It's always better for you to annoy others with a bunch of questions than to end up making a mistake on a transaction. (I once had a new cashier end up accidentally returning a high price item that a guest had to end up paying for again which was like their card was charged twice) Even then, you won't be annoying because everyone seems to understand how it's like to be new.

And also, welcome to the break room!

Stay awake. We had a person that fell asleep. Needless to say, they were done before they even started!

If you're working a 6 hour shift, you will get a break AND a lunch, so bring something to eat or occupy yourself.

Stay awake. We had a person that fell asleep. Needless to say, they were done before they even started!
Yeah, couldn't sleep tonight thanks to gold ol' anxiety. So I'll be drinking coffee and taking guarana soon.

at my store the orientation was only 4 hours with all the other new hires. you just watched movies, got a quick walk around the store, took your 15 watched the other parts of the DVD, filled out paper work and HR went over all the policies and rules. oh and of course I forgot to add... welcome to team spot!

Yeah, couldn't sleep tonight thanks to gold ol' anxiety. So I'll be drinking coffee and taking guarana soon.
Nothing to worry about. They're going to give you rundown on targets views, policies, department descriptions etc. That will probably be 4 hours, take a lunch. Then the next 2 youl watch videos and sign papers like tax forms and stuff. So nothing to worry about. Good luck and welcome to the family.

Last edited:
Nothing to worry about. They're going to give you rundown on targets views, policies, department descriptions etc. That will probably be 4 hours, take a lunch. Then the next 2 youl watch videos and sign papers like tax forms and stuff. So nothing to worry about. Good luck and welcome to the family.
Thanks bruv. Though with your avatar I read every one of your comments hearing Patrick Bateman's voice in my head.

Get ready to have your wallet stolen and prepare to get gang raped.... getting jumped in is the hard/longest part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back