GoodyNN

Plays with strings; Bacon Number of 2
I agree that putting the newbs on reshop is a great way to get them familiar with the layout. But you HAVE to prepare them first. So many of my recent seasonals had absolutely no clue how to use MyWork or the endcap scanners to find out where items go, how to read tags, etc. I had one girl in particular wandering seasonal for a good 15 minutes with a wreath in hand because it was the only one we had on site and she didn't know where to put it.

so this is probably a super stupid question, but i have my orientation this coming wednesday. when i was talking to the hr lady about when i could start, she asked if i needed any time off for the last week of march but not about anything else. i have a vacation coming up toward the end of october where i'm going to be gone for a week to a week and a half. should i tell hr about this when i go in for my orientation, or is that overkill and should i wait until a couple months before october?

Amanda Cantwell

Guest Service & Photo
so this is probably a super stupid question, but i have my orientation this coming wednesday. when i was talking to the hr lady about when i could start, she asked if i needed any time off for the last week of march but not about anything else. i have a vacation coming up toward the end of october where i'm going to be gone for a week to a week and a half. should i tell hr about this when i go in for my orientation, or is that overkill and should i wait until a couple months before october?
Earlier the better.

IWishIKnew

This was supposed to be a seasonal job...
It doesn't hurt to mention it--she'll tell if you if it's too soon and, if so, let you know when would be a good time to submit it officially.

I missed my call to confirm my orientation and Ive tried calling back for the past three days the orientation was suppose to be today based on the voicemail they left but since they asked me to call back to confirm and I was not able to reach them I now dont know what to do, what should I do?

I missed my orientation. I showed up late and had completely forgotten to bring my documents with me. I was told to wait until next week and that they'd let me know when they were doing another one. How likely is it that my job offer will be rescinded?

RhettB

I've forgotten more than many young ETLs know.
I missed my orientation. I showed up late and had completely forgotten to bring my documents with me. I was told to wait until next week and that they'd let me know when they were doing another one. How likely is it that my job offer will be rescinded?
Not a good way to demonstrate reliability.