Archived orientation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my drug test a week ago and called yesterday 2 see about orientation... hr said someone would call me today but I haven't gotten a call... (I know I passed the drug test) hopefully I get the call its only 2 pm but I know the hr people arent usually there that late and I dont want to come off 2 strong although I do want to work asap... any suggestions or input with others experiences appreciated

Usually they have to get a set number of applicants to conduct an orientation. It took me a month between interview and orientation/first shift.

It won't take that long this time of year, they are constantly hiring this time of year.

True, I hope not... I just dont get why they said someone would call today then not get a call... doesnt seem like a good sign lol

I got hired, found out about my drug test two days later. They scheduled orientation for two weeks later, than the night before said they had to move it back a week so it definitely took a bit before I started working. Sometimes they get caught up and it just takes them an extra day to call back.

True thanks everyone for the input makes me feel a little bit better

Are you checking your email?
That's how I found out when my orientation would be.
They never called me.

Also during the friday interview they said pending the results they would call the next week and set up orientation for that Thursday... so its just a bunch of misinformation on their part idk hopefully it works itself out sooner or later idk if I should even call again lol

Are you checking your email?
That's how I found out when my orientation would be.
They never called me.

I was told to ignore the e-mail and wait for them to call me.

LOL. Happened to me. So I called the store and asked about when my orientation the response was "You should have received an e-mail."

Should've known right then not to sign up.

When I got hired at my old store, our ETL-HR called me at nearly 9 at night about orientation. At my new store they give me my orientation time and date the second I was hired.

I was informed of my tentative orientation date when I was provisionally hired (just had to pass the pee test). I passed, then got an email about it being moved up a week. Then I was in the hospital and they had to move it down three weeks. Then down another week. Then UP a week. All over email, with me having to call HR to find out what was going on. Overall it took a month.

Lol sounds crazy although I was told I would be contacted friday that never happened im stikk debating wether I should call or just wait it out

Lol sounds crazy although I was told I would be contacted friday that never happened im stikk debating wether I should call or just wait it out

Call. It will show that you're definitely still interested, and the fact you weren't called could have just been an oversight

Thanks I called and they said I should get a call back this evening so hopefully I do lol

I got the call back but they said the background check flagged me and said there was a number I could call and ask talked for a minute then the manager decided they would call and see for me... only thing on a background check would be a misdemeanor from 06/07 for possession of cannabis would they really not hire me because of a small mistake that took place almost 10 years ago? Ive obviously learned from that and havent been in trouble since...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back