Archived Outs vs. Research

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are in NONE, it's a fill. It will ask how many? so it's most like an EXF.
You could also stay in RESEARCH, if your task list is clear it's essentially STAND ALONE RESEARCH.

This is an ongoing problem at our store. After setting a pog and pushing our pulls, our etl and tl want us do outs. Not a fill. Not research. Specifically outs. Can you do that with the mydevice?

I don't think it has an actual OUTs mode so my half-assed solution is to still use research mode but only scanning and changing counts on non-dotted outs.

Probably not the best way, but eh.

You can not do outs with a MyDevice - PDA only..

I carry both. On days where the research is tiny shoot the research with the My Device and then blast away with outs on a PDA.. But then I have an STL who does not understand you can shoot a lot of outs scans and drop NO batches.. Cause we don't have stock in the store.. Yeah that is fun..

Yes. You can do OUTs on the myDevice. When you are in NONE mode. Scan something and if it's in the back it will ask How Many Are Here or How Many Do You See or something like that. If nothing is there hit 0 or if you want a certain amount pulled or more than what the fill will generate you slide over to the Get More option and put in a pull for how much YOU want pulled. The Get More option is like a EXF, the How Many Are Here option is like OUTs because it pulls the difference based on the capacity of the product on the shelf in that location. That's ny way of differentiating them.

Yes. You can do OUTs on the myDevice. When you are in NONE mode. Scan something and if it's in the back it will ask How Many Are Here or How Many Do You See or something like that. If nothing is there hit 0 or if you want a certain amount pulled or more than what the fill will generate you slide over to the Get More option and put in a pull for how much YOU want pulled. The Get More option is like a EXF, the How Many Are Here option is like OUTs because it pulls the difference based on the capacity of the product on the shelf in that location. That's ny way of differentiating them.

The follow up question is what kind of batch gets dropped? EXF or Outs? Cause we are not allowed to drop EXF batches.

What magical land do you live in where its possible to have a MyDevice and a PDA for longer than 60 seconds? Because at my store I can get one or the other for instocks and 6 days out of 7 it is going to be an iPod.

What magical land do you live in where its possible to have a MyDevice and a PDA for longer than 60 seconds? Because at my store I can get one or the other for instocks and 6 days out of 7 it is going to be an iPod.

An overnight store, and we just straight up jack the ladies pushing HBA who never bother to actually use the PDA.. Not using it, hand it over.." Oh look how can you be using it when the battery is dead? I thought so."

We also had a previous STL who believed in having equipment, so we have over what they say our store is supposed to have.

Lucky you. Not an overnight store here, so IS starts after 9 most days here by which time all the PDAs have been grabbed by: backroom, price, POG, TLs, ETLs and that one guy from Flow who has an LPDA for some reason. Also I'm pretty sure a salesfloor TM is hiding his when he isn't here, but whatever. Price/POG TL will raise bloody hell to get her team PDAs while the only time my TL will do the same is if the stars have aligned and I need need need one for PTMs or maaaaybe drastic counts.

The follow up question is what kind of batch gets dropped? EXF or Outs? Cause we are not allowed to drop EXF batches.
That's the thing. Since we no longer have a stand alone app on the iPods, the only way for myPerformance to know if OUTs was shot is if a batch is generated. But it drops under number 7; EXF batch pulls. But it doesn't label it as OUTS-A39.

It drops under the EXF category for the Backroom team, however so did Stand Alone OUTS. If you shot a stand alone outs batch it just titled it as such under EXF but went under OUTS for the pull types report. If you ask me, this "No EXF" thing is probably going to fall away soon. It was important because Target was all about having the accumulator "work for you" and OUTS was a way to measure its inefficiency and to tell you how to fix it. I don't think that is a focus anymore, and instead it is about keeping the floor full by any means necessary. In a year's time most stores will be using manual fills as a primary source of filling outside of the truck, just watch.

EXF pulls our STL Freaks out, not that he understands our process.

Any means: flex crap anywhere without tying it! And that means when POG sets something its %75 empty cause the product is flexed across the store and they will never find it. They say "we shot outs and now its In-Stocks fault its empty." That is new thing we are finding. And the TL's who flex this stuff "we don't have time to tie it."

EXF pulls our STL Freaks out, not that he understands our process.

Any means: flex crap anywhere without tying it! And that means when POG sets something its %75 empty cause the product is flexed across the store and they will never find it. They say "we shot outs and now its In-Stocks fault its empty." That is new thing we are finding. And the TL's who flex this stuff "we don't have time to tie it."
My store loves to do that shit. Drives me up the wall. They freak out because it's empty so they flex whatever. If they give me the damn time to RSCH it we'd get it in. Makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back