Archived Overnight Backroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
i will be training for the first time for overnight after my orientation. And today got a offer from walmart for morning shift for fullfilment from morning to noon for online order pickup and ship to store department full time @11.50/hr.
Will be getting same at target for overnights but with extra differential pay for overnights.
And with hearing here like target likes to cut hours for backroom tms and benefits wont start before atlleast 6 months (minimum 30hrs/week required) and walmart offering as soon as 90 days.

Whas the best option is it join target or walmart.

Target may not be perfect, but you’ll generally get more respect and better treatment at Target. I’ve heard plenty of WalMart horror stories.

Everyone has heard Walmart horror stories. My buddy is an overnight lead for Mr Sam and he enjoys his time with Wallyworld.

He has the same complaints as Target except he’s currently fearful his store will have lay offs as a result of Walmart’s raises and down sizing.

Besides that, the only thing is he said that he feels his role as a shift manager wouldn’t look as good on a resume just because of the “Walmart Factor” as he called it (the stereotype is that their employees aren’t intelligent)

Basically, a job is a job. If you plan on moving up with the company then Walmart will have more opportunities. If you work with Target then you will gain more experience in different departments because you’re guaranteed to cross train if you ask for it.

I guess ask yourself if you want to work days or nights based on your offerings

There are very few Target stores left that still have an overnight backroom, so you would probably be at a busy enough store that you would be ok on hours every week. There are always exceptions though.

If you don't mind working overnight, I would choose Target for the simple fact that you will never ever have to deal with customers. At Walmart that will be a big part of your job.

Thanks everyone for the reply. I think i like working in target on my first 2 days. The team is great and everyone helpful. And timings are not that bad for now. Will see if i can get a second job on left out days. Mine is a busy store so hoping to get over 35 hours/ week as i gave the open availability.

Thanks everyone for the reply. I think i like working in target on my first 2 days. The team is great and everyone helpful. And timings are not that bad for now. Will see if i can get a second job on left out days. Mine is a busy store so hoping to get over 35 hours/ week as i gave the open availability.

Piss off both companies and work for Target and Walmart lol. Just don’t let anyone know you’re working for both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back