• Huddles? What's that?

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Hey Breakroom. Now I know all stores are not the same. Just wanted to hear some topics you all go over in your sessions for the Overnight Process. Back at my old store, we used to have huddles a bit more often than my current store. Some things we did were "Smart Huddles", (an entire area would be bowled out, Everyone part of the Overnight will go to were a bowled out box was and push the product. Leaders would supply everyone with box cutters as to help open boxes. This would all be for 15 minutes.) After the smart huddle, we would open the floor for anyone who wanted to recognize someone. After recognition, leaders would share the Top selling departments, (For example, Toys, Home Decor, etc.) Then the Bottom selling departments (For example, Health and Beauty, Market, etc.) We would finish the entire huddle usually with a chant or "Battle Cry" just to keep team morale going for the remaining of the shift. That was my previous store's routine, please share yours!!

We dont have a chant, its too late for that but our huddles focus on recognition and store news. We always do the smart huddle last.

Reactions: Him
Flow and backroom typically don't get invited to the morning huddle (not an overnight truck process). We used to have a quick huddle before or after the unload under a previous TL and it was mostly what you described. A rundown of sales or any important topics, recognition, motivation.

We have them at the DC, too. Each department has a startup. Usually just go over for the plans for the day and what's going on around the building. We also do recognition, though it seems to be more important at the DC than the store because managers will often only see your numbers and less often how you interact with others.

Then we do a quick warmup just to get the blood moving before heading out to wherever we work for the day.

We also have department meetings and all warehouse meetings whenever they feel it's necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back