Archived overtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I am off for Friday and Saturday and I am at 42 hours I'm I about to get fired ? I am at day 77 of my 90 days.did not know I was over. help.

At my store someone would have been breathing down your neck when you came close to OT. Were you asked to stay late?

I doubt you'll get fired. Probably talked to and told to never let it happen again.

Now I can't guarantee if they will keep you past your 90 days. That decision has probably already been made. The ot probably will have little effect on that.

I worked a double that put me at 35 instead of 29 and I work all nights because every other cart attendant has limited availability so we worked over at hard lines once until 3 am and a couple times until 2 am because we are short staffed in softlines

Back when I started you'd have been talked to by Wed if you were projected to hit anything over 39. No chance of hitting over 40. These days you'd still get a slap on the wrist for working over 40, depending on who you are but not much more.

When I was a salaried manager at Big Mac, anyone who went on OT on my shift I had to pay.

Somewhere near the time clock area where the schedule is posted there is a sheet on the board that lists anyone in the store who is projected to have overtime. It will show scheduled hours, worked hours, your projected total hours and projected overtime.

Watch that sheet if your ever in doubt again.

You'll just get a verbal coaching, at most, I'd say.

When you clock in, pay attention to your hours. It even shows when you go to/come back from lunch. There's a function that shows your current hours, too. If you're in a position where you're going to work over 40 hours, tell the LOD before hand that you need to leave earlier to avoid overtime.

We were 6 10 hour days. then 2 off, and the days were always longer than 10 hours.

Coaching maybe. Written up possibly.

I got coached for being 0.5 hours over for helping the closing FATM with prep work while she helped with a line of guests. My ETL said I know you were helping just don't let it happen again because the STL doesn't care.

Used to be just a warning for the first occurrence at my store then progressively stricter with each additional occ.
We had a TM put on final for knowingly & repeatedly padding her hrs.
Also had the ones who'd pick up hrs during the week, knowing that they'd have to cut hrs at week's end (when they were scheduled that weekend). All in all, a crappy way to get Fri/Sat off & dump it on your fellow TMs.
Eventually, leadership caught on & would cut their mid-week shifts.
To the OP: When you clock in at the beginning of shift, it should tell you how many hrs you have for the week so far. Use that to keep your hrs in check. Depending on your store, it may be just a coaching but you're still under 90 & ASANTS.

Last edited:
Go ahead.

This was in the early 80's.

You wouldn't believe what the upper echelon could get away with back then.

I don't think that would fly nowadays...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back