Overtime

Which department do you lead or did you lead? She’s doesn’t do her salesplans. Planogram or I set all of her sales plans because if we waited for her to do them the sales plan would be expired/discontinued. In fact I set one today because “I don’t have time to do it”. She doesn’t even know the department she puts snack that comes from C&S i.e. archer farms trail mix into candy because “it comes off the same pallet” my co worker and I have corrected her on several occasions. If you are going to be a TL you should know your department. She doesn’t do any kind of schedule and she rarely covers for Starbucks. She makes Starbucks TM,s figure their breaks out. As far as clearing the Backroom for backstock today her and I were pulling one for one and she said “ do not pull any full cases just pull lose items we don’t need the full cases” we have almost no room for full cases in the Backroom and when I explained to her that we needed to pull the full cases because we need that product on the floor. She still said well don’t pull any full cases . This is lack of leadership. She didn’t understand my reasoning behind pulling the full cases which I did pull them and then she told the Senior HR director that I was being rude and disrespectful. As far as training goes she trained a new team member and he works just as slow as her.

I lead food & bev.

She may be a crap leader. There are plenty crap leaders.

But it doesn't help you to complain about valid leadership decisions.

Don't go to leadership about things that don't affect you personally. You don't speak for others. So Starbucks isn't your concern.

Choosing to only pull openstock might be a valid decision. While I was getting my 1 to 1s under control, I pulled the same sections day after day and added a few each day. It pulls upper casestock last, and I did validly have an aisle where if I had started pulling lower casestock I would not have space for the extras yet.

If you are arguing with her about your daily assignments, that is rude and disrespectful. Do your assignment well. If it's the wrong thing for the department, that falls on her. Arguing that xyz is more important only makes you an argumentative employee. Do your stuff well, even if it is the wrong thing.

Rereading.....

So let me make sure I understand. The Team Leader is deciding priorities and the Team Member is trying to overrule her and give her orders.
This person is a manager not a leader. The op is not trying to over rule her or give orders (?) that is a pretty big jump. A leader would communicate to their team that she was going to check dates, she would also check in with her team to see if they need some leadership advice on how to finish their tasks. Respecting your team, including listening to their ideas and their concerns is one of the big differences between a leader and manager. Leaders inspire their teams to be the best. Leaders grow their teams making everyone more productive. Leaders lead by example. Managers grow a team of people who will do the basic job and are always looking for other opportunities.

I remember the qsp quarter 1 said specifically that TLs should not be muscling the job anymore (pushing the truck) they want their leaders to lead, teach. Team members always think if a leader is on a computer theyre being lazy. Sometimes that is the case, sometimes its not. Worry about yourself and your own performance.

Back