Archived overtime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm scheduled for 40 hours this week for the first time ever. does target wanna make sure i don't reach overtime? i've been clocking in 5 minutes early pretty much every day and a couple minutes late every day since i close. do i have to take longer meals or something so i don't go over 40 hours or how does that work?

Check with your store management. You might have to clock 10-15 minutes out before hitting 40.

At my store unless there's a reason as to why they can't provide coverage, generally they'll have you leave early one shift or just give you a day off.

At mine if you some how manage to get ot for week they have you leave early that next week.

You just need to manage your time better. I clock in 5 minutes early every day and also leave 5 minutes early. Figure out how long it takes to do whatever you usually have to do right before leaving, and make sure you give yourself enough time to do it.

Figure out how long it takes to do whatever you usually have to do right before leaving, and make sure you give yourself enough time to do it.

I feel like this is a good goal to shoot for, but a lot of times it isn't possible because we're so short staffed and/or we have people screwing around while they should be working.

I feel like this is a good goal to shoot for, but a lot of times it isn't possible because we're so short staffed and/or we have people screwing around while they should be working.
If you've been working hard for 8 hours and it's time to go, then go. Tell the LOD on your way out if anything didn't get done and why it didn't get done (like other TMs loafing).

Overtime?

KD8GCkx.gif

Logistics was allowed to go over 40 at my store last year, 4th quarter. Of course at the DC's we work mandatory overtime during the 4th quarter.

Once approved to work overtime, that is. Yours truly has not been as of this week.

You just need to manage your time better. I clock in 5 minutes early every day and also leave 5 minutes early. Figure out how long it takes to do whatever you usually have to do right before leaving, and make sure you give yourself enough time to do it.

i can't do that when i have to transfer the phone right at close and make sure we're guest free in fitting room. if we transfer the phone early and get a call the lod will have a fit.

My STL gets cranky when someone has a few seconds of overtime. I pull a report every day and email the STL, ETL's and TL's to let them know who is going into OT and how much OT. The ETL's and TLs make sure that their team member goes home early, comes in a little later or takes a longer lunch to avoid the OT.

At our store all OT must be approved by the STL... so if it isn't approved, don't do it. That means no clocking in early and clocking out on time or taking a longer lunch if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back