COVID-19 Paid leave for 30 days

It's worse than insulting that those of you seeking their much-ballyhooed paid-leave-for-30-days are spending hours and hours on hold to deal with an HR bureaucrat at corporate, who is PROBABLY WORKING FROM HOME and not facing guests in the store. Sorry if I sound grouchy on this, but to be honest given the most recent statistics on this COVID-19 version of SARS, I think Target should offer the 30-days paid leave for self-quarantine to store-level chronologically-mature workers over age 40. This seems to be the break point where risk of serious medical symptoms skyrockets compared to those under 40.
[/QUOT
I hope corporate doesn’t see this as yet ANOTHER reason to NOT HIRE anyone over 40 !

yeah i have tried and i keep getting that recorded message and i have tried different variations of the email as well and all dont work. has anyone figured it out yet?

Horrific experience 1st rep coded leave type wrong. 50 mins later got a denial email saying opened in error. Reached out to the leave managers contact in leavepro. He got it corrected.

If you need to call you must call @ 7:59AM EST and be the 1st caller of the day! Say English, say Leaves and Disability, hit #4 then #4 again.

Anyone that has called or actually set up the 30 day leave - is it a medical leave or something else (aka can we set it up on leavepro website like an educational or personal, or are we required to set it up on the phone). And did anyone clarify what the note from a doctor needs to say. We have almost a dozen team members in our store needing to set up the vulnerable paid leave and of course no one can get through and no responses to the two email addresses I tried on their behalf

@StarChicknz for the note are we faxing it over. When I was on the phone I didn’t have any questions. She just said doctors not that gives my condition. Also she started the leave for March 24th, but I still haven’t gotten a drs note? And I am scheduled for tmw? Do I just not go. I let my HR manager know the start date of the LOA. But just wasn’t sure since I didn’t get my dr note sent in

Probably best to reach out to your Hr and make sure they know you wont be there tomorrow. The leaves arent going in instantly so it may take a few days to show up

I called my request in on friday and emailed the papers they said. I also submitted via email monday since they had changed the process I just wanted to be sure. Still haven't heard anything back at all.

Thankfully I went on a 2 week personal LOA until the 28th for this before they announced the 30 days paid leave and my store didn't schedule me next week so I have some time for it to get approved. Just want to hear back and know for sure sometime soon though.

Last edited:
I talked to someone on the phone yesterday, they started the leave for the 24th all I needed was my dr to send a note. My dr faxed over a note today the 25th. How do I know if I’m all set? I’m supposed to work tmw, but I’m not sure if every thing is final.

I've been trying to find the list of approved aliments and can't. Anyone have a link?
From what the corporate post said it’s TMs 65+, pregnant, or underlying conditions that the CDC considers at higher risk. Go to the CDC site and look at the ones the specify high risk.

Has anyone who has submitted a leave this week heard anything back? I did mine on Friday over the phone and also emailed it in when the changed the instructions Monday. I’m on a 2 week personal leave until the 28th so that’s showing in LeavePro. But nothing has come up about the 30 days starting on the 29th for the Paid LOA. Even though my LOA ends the 28th my store didn’t schedule me that week because they know of my issue and things weren’t improving so they thankfully Left me off another week. I just want to know how to make sure they actually are processing my leave request.

I sent an email to my doctor and got this reply: The CDC specifically asks employers to "not require a healthcare providers note"... because they are busy … and although I asked for a note to be excused because of pre-existing conditions that have me at risk, the content of the letter is that I am sick and don't need a note to return to work. I will try again.
You don’t need a specific doctors excuse you just need documentation of your condition.

One question about leave pro. I put in my leave to start on the 29th because I went on a personal 2 week until the 28th. Does only the current leave show up? Meaning will I not see my leave for the 29th show under current leaves until then?

Does it have to be a note, or would I be able to submit a PDF from my medical records showing that I have asthma? I have been having trouble getting in touch with my doctor so I don't know when she'd be able to write up a note.

Last edited:
Short term disability payment will replace 75 percent of your average weekly pay for 60 days. All maternity claims will be paid at 100 percent for 6-8 weeks immediately following delivery. For the remainder of the time up to 150 days, the STD payment will replace 60 percent of your average weekly pay regardless the length of time of your service at the Company

And there aren't any taxes owed either!

Don’t see them getting rid of tech so I’ll be good lol. Plus we have very few tech TMs so they are getting good hours while I’m gone
Eliminated doesn't necessarily mean that they get rid of the job. They may need to fill the position to meet the needs of the business and put you into different place where someone is needed when you return.

I don't know if anyone has heard this, but a coworker that's trying get the paid leave told me that the rep she talked to said that Target might stop offering it next week.

Hopefully, the rep is misinformed, but *if* this is true, WTF???

Back