Archived paid vacation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abc

i requested 3 days off for vacation and was approved. i checked the box that said that i wanted to use some of my vacation hours and i filled out the paid time off request form.
however, my schedule says that the days are UNPAID vacation days.
when i went back and checked the request, it says that my UNPAID time off request was approved but my PAID time off request is pending.
i am sure that i have enough vacation hours to cover 3 days.
why wasn't i approved for paid time off? or am i missing something?
if it changes anything, these 3 days are all in 1 work week and i'm scheduled to work 32 hours that week.

thanks!

At my store there is no communication. So after I request it in the computer I always tell my ETL so he can approve it in the system. Than I have to make sure he did it.

At my store there is no communication. So after I request it in the computer I always tell my ETL so he can approve it in the system. Than I have to make sure he did it.
yep! i told my etl and they were able to approve it in the system right then (or so i thought lol).
i guess i'm just not sure how paid time off requests work.
like why does it say that the paid request is pending? does that mean that i have a shot or was the request denied?
i'm not sure if this was a mistake on my part? or if i was denied paid time off for another reason?

Asants but at my store we wait to approve PTO to make sure TMs don’t go over 40 with it. And with so many TMs taking vacations there is a reason you have 32 hours in only 4 days..
ahhh gotcha. that makes sense. how will i find out if i'm eventually approved for any vacation time during that week?

Sometimes they’ll take it back, which sucks. Basically HR isn’t supposed to approve it until you’ve worked to make sure you don’t go over your average hours. If my TMs need a 40 hour check and they have the PTO I’ll approve it or override their timecard for them. Always with permission from them of course 😉

The way the system works honestly kinda sucks. When I first started I had lots of trouble with paid time off. If you plan to take paid time off make sure you submit a normal unpaid time off request first saying that you don’t want to be scheduled for those days (that actually gets you the days off) then you have to submit a separate “use vacation pay” request saying that you want to get paid for those days. If you only submit the vacation pay request it will just sit there pending until the week of your vacation and not actually give you the time off. The vacation pay request does not give you time off it just gets you paid for time off you are already approved for. This threw me off for the longest time wondering why my vacation pay request was just sitting there pending.

You still have to put in a request to use your time even though you selected it when you request the time off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back