Archived pay and raises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I was wondering what kind of raises they give at target? Like if you started at $8.00/hr, how much are you making after a year?

I'm just trying to get an idea of how much I'll be making after say 5 years of working at Target.

Thanks for your responses!!

After 5 years, you MIGHT be making around 9.05 MAYBE. If you're really good. If you're average, around 8.45. After 5 years.

Hi all!

I was wondering what kind of raises they give at target? Like if you started at $8.00/hr, how much are you making after a year?

I'm just trying to get an idea of how much I'll be making after say 5 years of working at Target.

Thanks for your responses!!

Anywhere from $8.05-$8.35 is about all you can expect. Target raises rock. LOL

really depends on YOU, how much you hustle, or show you want to hustle and learn more! promotions, different teams etc....

i started as a team member, and im still a team member. ive gotten excellents on all my reviews except one, ive had 9 pay increases in 8 years, and ive increased pay by 4.80 since my first day. so i average .53 cent a raise. however one has to get an excellent to see at least a 4% wage increase, good luck!

When I started as a TM 7 years ago, I was at $9 ($7.50 + $1.50 overnight shift differential). A few months ago, at my last review as a TM, I was at $14.37 ($13.37 + $1 overnight shift differential).

In 7 years as a TM I went from $7 to just over $12. ALL my yearly reviews have been O or EX. I look at it as good and bad. Good: I am making far more than any other TM this gives me motivation but I have also been with Target for a while but it is also steady reliable pay. But, Bad: I am making only just over $12/hour I really should be elsewhere making more. But unfortunately there aren't too many steady reliable jobs like Target. I am happy though I have work and decent pay. Key word: decent.

In two years, with two workcenter changes, I make $1.75 more an hour.
Plus I get close to 40 hours every week. I do however work my tail off.

For me, in one year I have seen about 1.40 in raises... from a promotion, shift diff change, and an annual raise. The way to look at it is spot pays you a fair and decent wage. Not amazing pay, but, enough to keep you there.

don't count on your anual raise much! It helps a little, adds up over time and is better than nothing, but if you want more money, look into moving to a higher grade workcenter or early morning shift difference.

Moving this to Pay and Benefits forum

I started at 58K and was increased to 59,200 within six months...but then again I was an ETL, not hourly, and in a large metro area. Does that count?

Bike, can I get your raise?
Sure...just get your college degree and become an ETL in a large metro market. Expect LONG hours for little appreciation where all your staff feels they know better than every member of management...but I digress. These are a few of many reasons why I left retail. All the money in the world won't make you happy if you hate the job.

I try to move around to different workcenters in the front end.
After all, it's harder to hit a moving 'target'. ;)

It depends on you and where you are working.

My first stint with Target I started at $8.00 as a cashier (2006) because they wanted to at least try and match what I was making working at a gas station in high school (about $8.25). When I left that store two years later (after a 6 month LOA for college out of state) I was make $8.50. 50 cents difference due to two annual raises at .25 cents a piece. They NEVER gave less than .25 cents. This was a nice suburban target. Crime free area.

When I went back to Target 2 years later I had to start all over. Since it had been 2 years they could not give me my old pay back (but somehow managed to give me my same employee ID number). I was downgraded to $7.50 an hour at the Service Desk in a terrible neighborhood, lots of theft, and overall shotty store. In the year I have been back I have managed to get .75 cents in raises (now making $8.25). I got TEN cents in my first annual review. It felt like a slap in the face until I learned that other TM's who had been there longer got .6 cent and .3 cent raises. At $7.60 an hour and fed up with the Service Desk, I learned that Starbucks made 50 cents more an hour than I do, to make coffee, while I got cussed at at the service desk. So I met with my HR and told her that she needed to move me to Starbucks or I was gonna quit cause minimum wage is NOT worth the treatment we get at the Service Desk. I agreed to still work SD once a week and was moved to Starbucks and made it to $8.10. Then they did some kind of national survey and found that Starbucks and Food Ave. TM's were making less than average, so they brought us all up to $8.25.

I'm not happy with my pay for the most part, but I am sure glad I have moved up as much in pay as I have in less than a year. I have friends who are TM's and have been there 3 or more years and they make less than I do.

They did screw me out of some money however. I didn't receive my raise for moving to Starbucks for about 2 or 3 months. Even though I was working there 90% of the time, nobody bothered to tell me I needed to change my work center. I didn't even know that was a thing I needed to do! I was told I would get back pay but never did. They told me it was my fault and there wasn't anything they could do to change it. Bleh.

Anyway what I meant to say was that if you want to get paid more you need to seize any opportunity you can to get it. Take a look at the pay grades on "now hiring" sheets you may have at a hiring kiosk in your store. If there are positions available and you feel you would be a good fit, go for it. If their pay grade is higher than yours (for instance, I believe a cashier is at level 5? and starting pharmacy TM's are at 7, starbucks at 9, etc, etc.) then you will get a raise. It would be whatever the pay grade is on top of what you already make. So if you are at 7.65 and Starbucks starts at 8 (50 cents over the pay grade of a cashier at 7.50) you would make 8.15. I could totally be wrong but that is how I figured it out.

I started as an SFTM making $8 and now, 2 1/2 years later, I'm at $14.20 as a Senior Team Leader. Made more than $5 in raises just from hard work, and getting promoted.

I thought i was busting my butt working , never been late,always went for back up cashier, never missed a day ,stayed later, worked every weekend closing shift,and wanted everything to be perfect in softline .
But i received my first raised at 5 cents !!! The reason i was given was that i did not write enough gtc or asked my tl if the work i was doing was good !!!
Even my tl was trying not to laugh when telling me that but i guess her hands were tied !!!They had to find something to lower my rating!!
My point is ,that even if you do an outstanding job,it does nt mean you will get an appropriate raise ! Don t count on it ! It really depends if your store is doing good as a whole....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back