Archived Pay Raise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another reminder for all the Bernie freaks.. countless evidence shows that as min wages go up, hours go DOWN in every industry.

It's what corp would like you to believe but hours have been taking a hit even BEFORE the drive for a $10 min.

One of my hr TMs said that about 7 yrs ago, she would get 7500 hrs to work with and that has been gradually reduced to 3800 hrs.

One of my hr TMs said that about 7 yrs ago, she would get 7500 hrs to work with and that has been gradually reduced to 3800 hrs.

Except that a majority of those budet cuts can be accredited to cost-cutting measures taken in the past 7 years to reduce Target's bottom line. It's far too complicated of an issue to just say "hours have decreased since 2009, and people have been pushing for a higher minimum wage, therefore they are the cause of the decrease in hours". Correlation != causation.

As far as I know hours and pay are two different things... We have a limited amount of hours each month. That doesn't have anything to do with pay.
It's actually both. There's a limited amount of hours to go around, but there is also a limited amount of money to go around. I believe stores worry more about the hours, but both are taken into consideration at some point in the chain.

Except that a majority of those budet cuts can be accredited to cost-cutting measures taken in the past 7 years to reduce Target's bottom line. It's far too complicated of an issue to just say "hours have decreased since 2009, and people have been pushing for a higher minimum wage, therefore they are the cause of the decrease in hours". Correlation != causation.

It is the how much can we cut and profit before we look like and act like Wal-Mart and the public actually takes notice. We are getting close. My store looked like a bomb went off in it. Don't scan just zone and run reshop and then scan to fill what needs it.

So much for %100 Rig completion pilot.

I didn't mean to imply that the raises affected the number of hours available. Those reductions were in place before Spot even considered being semi competitive in pay.

Yup, today we had one guy in hardlines.I felt sorry for him as they would ask how reshop was going while he was on a register for guest first.
It is the how much can we cut and profit before we look like and act like Wal-Mart and the public actually takes notice. We are getting close. My store looked like a bomb went off in it. Don't scan just zone and run reshop and then scan to fill what needs it.

They will also try to tell you that companies will just replace people with machines if they ask for a living wage.
The fact is machines have one speed and can't tell when a restarant is in the weeds.
Only people can kick it up enough to dig out.
Companies have been trying to replace people with machines since the first days of automatoms.

They will also try to tell you that companies will just replace people with machines if they ask for a living wage.
The fact is machines have one speed and can't tell when a restarant is in the weeds.
Only people can kick it up enough to dig out.
Companies have been trying to replace people with machines since the first days of automatoms.

Once machines get smart enough, eventually they're going to ask to be paid too.

Well my TL told me that target is making up for sales by taking team members health care away. Now they are hiring more ppl and making sure everyone stays under 20 hours so they can't get covered. Which is really messed up for TM's who just signed up for it

We "Bernie freaks" don't appreciate the snarky negative comments about our political views. Frankly it has nothing to do with Target cutting hours, which they've been doing for years now and way before Sanders started running for President. I'd rather blame Spot and not the nice old man who just wants to help workers earn a decent wage.

We "Bernie freaks" don't appreciate the snarky negative comments about our political views. Frankly it has nothing to do with Target cutting hours, which they've been doing for years now and way before Sanders started running for President. I'd rather blame Spot and not the nice old man who just wants to help workers earn a decent wage.
People are just salty because they're trying to make themselves think that what they're paid is OK and don't want to risk losing their job with Bernie's plan. My advice is if you don't like how much you're paid, find a new job! Pay raises aren't near as good as transitioning to a new job that pays you 10% more. Personally, in the past 2 years, I've gone from $8.75 --> $11 --> $11.25 JUST by switching jobs while working essentially the exact same position.

Well my TL told me that target is making up for sales by taking team members health care away. Now they are hiring more ppl and making sure everyone stays under 20 hours so they can't get covered. Which is really messed up for TM's who just signed up for it
This has been a rumor for years. Could be true....wouldn't surprise me ....but I have heard this for at least the past three or four years .

This has been a rumor for years. Could be true....wouldn't surprise me ....but I have heard this for at least the past three or four years .
It has been happening as a true fact for the last 3 years. Ask any tm who hours were reduced to below 30 hours to keep benefits.

I just found out that full timers with insurance can have their hours cut then they have to "borrow" from their accrued vacation hours to make up the difference.

I think that's just horrible. Old people who've been at the store a long time are struggling as it is, then they risk losing health insurance??? Just horrible.

Walmart? We're approaching K-mart territory!

I just found out that full timers with insurance can have their hours cut then they have to "borrow" from their accrued vacation hours to make up the difference.

I think that's just horrible. Old people who've been at the store a long time are struggling as it is, then they risk losing health insurance??? Just horrible.

Except those vacation hours no longer count as hours worked during the week you take them. They are now only counting hours actually on-the-clock, so they do nothing to help your weekly average hours worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back