Archived Pay Raise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except those vacation hours no longer count as hours worked during the week you take them. They are now only counting hours actually on-the-clock, so they do nothing to help your weekly average hours worked.
Are you kidding me?!

Nope. Went into effect with the rest of the vacation/personal/ sick pay changes.
Ok, I left right after that went into effect...but there was NEVER any mention of that on the memo they put in the break room. Did they actually announce this to people?

They didn't announce it at my store as far as I remember.

No offense but what volumes are your stores if hours are this low. We are a A+ volume store and the majority of people are getting 35+ hours of available. If your stores are low volume stores as I suspect hours will always be low

Affordable Care Act (ACA): Understanding Hours of Service
HOURS OF SERVICE
Overview
“Hours” of service are generally determined based on hours for which an individual is entitled to payment. This can
include hours actually worked, along with other paid hours (e.g., vacation).
The IRS standard is:
(1) each hour for which an employee is paid, or entitled to payment, for the performance of duties for the
employer; and
(2) each hour for which an employee is paid, or entitled to payment by the employer for a period of time during which no duties are performed due to vacation, holiday, illness, incapacity (including disability), layoff, jury duty, military duty or leave of absence.

Affordable Care Act (ACA): Understanding Hours of Service
HOURS OF SERVICE
Overview
“Hours” of service are generally determined based on hours for which an individual is entitled to payment. This can
include hours actually worked, along with other paid hours (e.g., vacation).
The IRS standard is:
(1) each hour for which an employee is paid, or entitled to payment, for the performance of duties for the
employer; and
(2) each hour for which an employee is paid, or entitled to payment by the employer for a period of time during which no duties are performed due to vacation, holiday, illness, incapacity (including disability), layoff, jury duty, military duty or leave of absence.
Exactly. If anyone loses their insurance because Target doesn't figure in vacation hours into average hours worked, Target will/should lose.

No offense but what volumes are your stores if hours are this low. We are a A+ volume store and the majority of people are getting 35+ hours of available. If your stores are low volume stores as I suspect hours will always be low
I'm at a AA+ stora and our hours still suck. Store volume is not always a good predictor of payroll.

I'm at a AA+ stora and our hours still suck. Store volume is not always a good predictor of payroll.

What's your definition of sucks. Am sorry not trying to be mean but I've seen so many posts on here about people not getting 40 hours but these people are just normal tms. Spot isn't the place to get full time hours of your not a tl. Also the bigger the store the more people need to run it which means hours get spread out even more

What's your definition of sucks. Am sorry not trying to be mean but I've seen so many posts on here about people not getting 40 hours but these people are just normal tms. Spot isn't the place to get full time hours of your not a tl. Also the bigger the store the more people need to run it which means hours get spread out even more
If you are interested in being guarenteed full-time than your only option is to become a PA or TL. Some stores also offer GSA as full-time but ASANTS. If you are not in one of these positions, expect cuts in your hours and not a full 40. I am lucky to be a valuable PA who gets 40 hours every week and a set schedule.

Except those vacation hours no longer count as hours worked during the week you take them. They are now only counting hours actually on-the-clock, so they do nothing to help your weekly average hours worked.
That's not true at all. I've taken vacations this year, and every time I used vac hours up to my average, the average stayed the same.

That's not true at all. I've taken vacations this year, and every time I used vac hours up to my average, the average stayed the same.
This I believe more. Target is low, but I can't see them going against the law on a wide scale like this.

Especially if they knew they'd be facing a class-action lawsuit, something they normally try to avoid after following Walmart's example.

Especially if they knew they'd be facing a class-action lawsuit, something they normally try to avoid after following Walmart's example.
But Red, you said they told your TLs that vacation pay won't count towards average hours??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back