Archived PDA updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrknownothing

purveyor of things
As many of you know, a few things have changed on the PDAs, such as moving SUBT and the entertainment return scan to WebApps from RF Apps. But I noticed a couple other things that I'm currently wondering about because no one at my store knows or is willing to tell me.

1. What is Redwire? It shows up on my MyWork screen (as a hardlines TM), along with Item Search, RF Apps, Putaway, and the return scan app.

2. What are the "Flexible Fulfillment Options" in Item Search, and how do they work? As I am not backroom or service desk certified, I'm not all that familiar with the FF process other than what I've read on here.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm doing my first scan tomorrow in WebApps and I'm dreading it. Everything on that side is so. slow. I'm going to be scanning until next Thursday.

To answer the red wire question from another thread:
Hopefully they give us all more MC9200 PDA's which are MUCH quicker at handling the graphical based info on the PDA's. Otherwise web apps will result in TM's just getting more and more frustrated with a fractured PDA system. Kinda like back in the days when we had Network, Host, ISIS, and Workbench - you had to remember where in the hell the report you wanted was located!!!

And on that note, who else has the Redwire app??? The one used to assign tasks to individuals and allow leaders to follow up , create tasks, and delegate tasks to others with completion deadlines. It is VERY cumbersome to use, and to change task status you have to go through too many menus. Also, don't forget to log out of it when you are done with your PDA for the day as your PDA logout does not log you out from Redwire, so others can see your tasks, create tasks under your name or cause general havoc - i.e. create a task called Kiss your ETL's ass under your name and assign the task to someone else to complete. Watch out for this people!

From the all color apps screen on the PDA. Log into FA app at the bottom: then you do this action after that:
This is the Flexible Fulfillment process, as I understand it:

1. Guest shops for items on Target.com
2. "Pick-up in store" option is displayed for eligible items (items stores carry)
3. Guest will choose location to pick up items, which then confirms availability at that store.
4. Not long after the guest completes the order (without paying), the BR TM is alerted on an LPDA that an FF batch is ready to be pulled.
5. BR TM pulls item(s), labels with portable printer, and places in Holding area. (not sure if it will be located/STO'd in the holding area)
6. Later, the guest comes in and goes to the service desk to pick up their order.
7. GS TM completes guest's transaction on an iPad Mini.
8. BR TM (or possibly SF TMs) are asked to bring up items from Holding area.
9. Guest is given the item(s) they ordered.
- Items are held in the holding area for 2-3 days. If after that time the items are not picked up, the order is cancelled and items are backstocked. I'm not sure about that process yet.
I'm interested to see how this works out, our store is pretty high for online sales in our area.
I doubt my store will have a FF Captain. MySupport will probably issue a message 2 days before it starts, reminding us about it, and my store will scramble to get things together.
If this really takes off, is Target going to allocate extra hours to accommodate for this additional process the BR team has to deal with?

As many of you know, a few things have changed on the PDAs, such as moving SUBT and the entertainment return scan to WebApps from RF Apps.

the entertainment return scan function is horribly bug ridden, slow, inefficient, poorly designed UI, and prone to reopening boxes and adding items to said already closed box.

avoid it at all costs unless ya know you have to use it, then Burn to Shine baby………

We started our scan with the new app and quickly switched back to the RF version. The app doesn't let you reopen boxes. It's very slow compared to RF.

I'm curious, is any of this even relevant? If you havent already heard, we're getting new iOS based PDA's. I'm assuming we wont be able to use our old PDA's at all anymore (iOS + Windows cluster ____ of apps built up over time = more problems).

Link: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...kiYpm3d0B8H-_Ok7w&sig2=qz72gWakM-YoUa75mk00fw

Sounds fantastic for the salesfloor team! Sounds AWFUL for the backroom team. Ever tried to juggle an LPDA and a vaccum at the top of a ladder while still keeping one hand on the railing (safety first)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back