People are HORRIBLE on the walkie talkies!!!!

Ph
We have a TM who announces calls to other department in a singing kind of tone which makes me really mad !! Once or twice it’s ok to hear. Ok.. she is in a good mood!! But throughout the day ... 😣 yeah but she always attends phone calls ..
Oh that’s cool!

I am one the people who booms across the radio, cause I was taught how to use it. Using radio's on road trips and rallies with other cars teaches you quick. Keep it short to the point. I tend to repeat the name of the person I need since I know in the back the store is usually on "extra loud" and hearing the radio can be hard. So that gives people a chance to catch their name if they were talking to a guest or like us trying to hear over he baler running.

And yes that upside down radio drives me nuts.. Only second to the leave the radio on their belt and push the button.. Do they not know they sound like they are at the bottom of a barrel full of water?

Once during the super bowl while I was on break several guys were using channel 4 to find out the stats of the game while the others were working. Seriously channel 4 is not for finding our whose currently in lead or whose winning the superbowl it's for private work place talks about work and not clogging up channel 1.
That’s a good idea!!

When I’m getting carts, I don’t bother answering anyone that calls me or if I’m too busy at the moment. The problem is a lot of these people think nobody else can do anything for them except the CA which is a bs mindset I wish target management and employees would eliminate. The other day someone tried calling me for something asking where I was and I just kept doing carts and he came outside trying to talk to me in person. Like Idc if you’re management or not, If I’m outside, That’s the only peace I really get and I’m trying to put carts on the machine. I find it ridiculous especially since some of the other CA’s don’t do everything that has to be done like I do and management expects me to pretty much clean up after everyone that left before or whoever’s left there and it’s always something via walkie and sometimes face to face.

When I’m getting carts, I don’t bother answering anyone that calls me or if I’m too busy at the moment. The problem is a lot of these people think nobody else can do anything for them except the CA which is a bs mindset I wish target management and employees would eliminate. The other day someone tried calling me for something asking where I was and I just kept doing carts and he came outside trying to talk to me in person. Like Idc if you’re management or not, If I’m outside, That’s the only peace I really get and I’m trying to put carts on the machine. I find it ridiculous especially since some of the other CA’s don’t do everything that has to be done like I do and management expects me to pretty much clean up after everyone that left before or whoever’s left there and it’s always something via walkie and sometimes face to face.
Preaching to the choir. Sad to say, I've had management up my ass about "not responding" to any, and, all calls. Like there aren't other people in the building.

Yup, I know yall are busy so I push my own carryout

Yup, I know yall are busy so I push my own carryout
As an SETL I do the carry outs or grab a cashier, if both are unavailable I will ask for a TM on the floor. when we are busy, my front of the store attendant doesn't have time for your TVs or book cases.

I also do the bathroom checks every hour and only call the Front of the store attendant when they are so messed up that they need a full clean up.

Normally, i just ignore the walkie or even leave it off. If anyone needs me, they can wait a few minutes for me to pass by. Now, with a bunch of fulfillment seasonals in training I have to keep it on so that I can have the pleasure of getting called to go help them find something or give the go ahead to INF it. It's driving me crazy. I just want to pick in peace, not listen to the receiver bitch about guest services not putting defect labels in the exact right spot.

Back when we were short on equipment, I loved nothing better than to come and have there be no radios left. Sometimes even if there were one or two, I wouldn't take one and just claim there were none if someone asked.

Unfortunately we've been flush with radios since last Q4, so that excuse doesn't fly right now lol.

As an SETL I do the carry outs or grab a cashier, if both are unavailable I will ask for a TM on the floor. when we are busy, my front of the store attendant doesn't have time for your TVs or book cases.

I also do the bathroom checks every hour and only call the Front of the store attendant when they are so messed up that they need a full clean up.
Oh yea, I'll grab team members as I walk by.. like straight out I know its busy up there.

Once during the super bowl while I was on break several guys were using channel 4 to find out the stats of the game while the others were working. Seriously channel 4 is not for finding our whose currently in lead or whose winning the superbowl it's for private work place talks about work and not clogging up channel 1.

We called it out over the radio every 10min when our local team was playing.

This happens every night, I swear:

*Toys TM announces their break over the walkie*

...2 minutes later:

Service Advocate: “TM in Toys go to 3.” repeat twice until I get on and say, “Toys is on break. GM TM, can you help with that?”

GM TM: “Go for Toys.”

*silence*

“GO FOR TOYS.”

*silence*

Me: “Service Desk. Team member is responding for Toys.”

SD: “Toys go to 3.”

🙄

Seriously its an elite few who really pay attention and utilize our walkie features and are considerate of the etiquette. Its always bad if they have to say does anyone have a visual or does anyone have eyes on so and so. If your walkie is out or you dont have one let a fellow/nearby tm know so they can respond for you.

Yup, like I'll leave a walkie at the boat for mobile to keep an ear on traffic if for some reason they need to answer. But its real purpose? So that the guest can hear "I'll be right there" after they press the button to summon me.
“Fast service needed at electronics, Who is responding?” I HATE THAT SOUND!!

Back