Archived Perishable Assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I work in a Super Target and see the Perishable Assistant position open in the meat department. What do Perishable Assistant do? What are their core responsibility in the position. Would the Perishable Assistant be described as "assistant manager" for the team lead?

Thanks

Last edited:
More like assistant to the team lead than assistant team lead.

Shitty position where you are expected to do a team lead's work for a team member's pay.

It's basically the GSA position for the salesfloor, minus the supervisor number. Like the GSA position though, it can be a good stepping stone to a TL position depending on your store's likeliness to promote from within. All our GSAs get promoted at a decent rate and I knew PAs have been given the opportunity too.

Thanks for the replies so far. Still curious as to what a Perishable Assistant does. What are they responsible for?

What the hell is the difference between PA in Pfresh (Me) and a PA in a meat department? It sounds easier.

In my store we are responsible for Everything, literally. From Signs, Salesplanners, Guest Servicing, Zoning, Culling, Dealing with Vendors (Vendor Scorecard), Preparing for Sales, Suspect Date Auditing.

But more importantly

Championing Food Safety, Ordering Accurately, Cleaning, Culling.

You really have to be TOP NOTCH in using your time wisely and will 90% of your time be doing 3 things at once.

I often find myself Culling/Ordering/SDAing/Pushing at the sametime just as an example.

I work in a Super Target. And I know meat, deli, bakery, and produce each has their on PA.

^^ Exactly that. Because Super's are so much larger, each department is a full-time job...pFresh is smaller so they expect 1-2 PA's to do the work for the entire department. It's supposed to work in theory, but with they way they keep slashing our hours and expecting us to do more, it's not such a great gig. I used to have a super awesome ETL who knew pFresh in and out and always had high but realistic expectations for us, and a TL who left us alone and let us own pFresh and spend our time in our department. Today, I have neither and already our overall appearance, instocks, cleanliness and scores are dipping fast. Oh well; I document what I do, keep my leadership informed of my tasks and what I am and am not able to get done. I know crap runs downhill but I'll be darned if I'm letting the decline get pinned on me when they completely nerfed my productivity. Oh, and with MyTime our hours are being "stolen" (never used to be), so we have bare-bones coverage even during the holidays, which is pathetic.

Oh well. I'm leaving in the fall anyway, so it doesn't really make a difference to me. It just makes me sad how an awesome job and great department to work in turned sour in less than six months. They are going to be SCREWED this 4th Quarter; I don't know how else to put it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back