Archived perishables assistant interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjl

tips? questions?
any advice?

also, what's a typical day like for a pa? expectations?

Just have a bunch of those situational questions about a difficult task, teamwork, too little time, etc... They want to hear about the problem, the solution, if it worked, what you learned!

My advice, sit down with a TL or ETL for a mock interview and sit down with a notebook and think of things in your past that show some of the traits they want, that way when they ask the question you will be able to whip out an answer without sitting there trying to think!!! That by it self shows that you are prepared and have taken the steps to show you are capable and that means almost as much as your history/performance.

also, what's a typical day like for a pa? expectations?

It depends on the day (order or no) but here's my general day on an order day;

6AM-8AM:
-Check message boards, on Wednesdays check market reports.
-Check the FDC cut reports.
-Cull, complete TPCs, SDA, work 7:30 Pulls

8AM-11AM
-Complete any closing e-mail tasks.
-Complete BR Consumables cleaning.
-Call LOD for up and ready.

11AM-2:30
-After lunch, start order. Depending on the time of year, this can take as little as an hour to 2 hours.
-Work on auto-fills.

These are the normal tasks, but being a CA you have to identify other things that come up and to be an acting leader for the area when your CTL isn't around. Good luck to you!

Just have a bunch of those situational questions about a difficult task, teamwork, too little time, etc... They want to hear about the problem, the solution, if it worked, what you learned!

My advice, sit down with a TL or ETL for a mock interview and sit down with a notebook and think of things in your past that show some of the traits they want, that way when they ask the question you will be able to whip out an answer without sitting there trying to think!!! That by it self shows that you are prepared and have taken the steps to show you are capable and that means almost as much as your history/performance.

Ah! That's what I figured. The CTL and I are supposed to be doing a mock interview at some point. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back