• Thread starter Barcode
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barcode

So we got this new DTL and shes basically a complete ***** from what I can tell... Anyways our ETL-GE passed along some info (from a neighboring ETL-GE that had to deal with her), that the GSTL/GSA is supposed to be printing out a conversion report that has individuals conversion scores, and make sure all our cashiers know their conversion and "sign" it off... Apparently we're supposed to have this daily.

I think I've heard on here of stores doing this, but all I can say is WOW. Really? There is no way that I'm going to do this, its not my freaking job to hound cashiers on their conversion, that would be totally IMPROPER in my opinion.

We have a weekly report that gets printed out and posted with everyone's name, number of prompts they got in both credit and debit cards, how their conversion score was for each, and their overall conversion. It also shows the number of transactions done (at the front lanes) as well as cashier speed if it's below 92%.

i love these reports. It really helps the cashiers see where they stand. We go over it weekly with them. We do have the gsa's help us with this but it's pretty much just them saying "hey this is where you stand. Do you need any more training, support, etc. What's your goal per shift and per week" and that's it. The other GSTL and I do the bulk of these conversations but there's just no way for us to get to them all especially the people who only work at specific times.

Sounds like a fear tactic to try and get people to get more REDCards. No thanks, I'm taking no part in it.

Not really a fear tactic...I appreciate it so I can glance at it, see quickly where I am in the pack, and know what to expect from the GSTL if they decide to mention it to me.

Also, when I was cashiering 40 hours a week, it was nice (obnoxious) to see I was doing a third of the front lane transactions in the store in a week...and I am obsessed with keeping my speed above 92% (haven't had it below that ever and I'm not going to start).

i like it too. I have cashiers ask me all the time where they are and this is much better than pulling out the report with everyone on it.

RG, it depends on how your leaders utilize it I suppose. Personally I think its silly considering we already post the information to see for the cashiers anyway. I think most people are going to get the impression that they're in trouble for something if they have to sign off on it. Basically its just a tool for a GSTL to use to coach you if you're below required conversion too many weeks in a row. Nope not touching that.

The weekly sign off would be awkward, IMO. If people are asking, then I think that's all we can really ask. We're in a new district as of today...so who knows what's coming down the Redcard pipeline for us.

Cashiers get it easy when their leaders don't use the productivity report. Every other area's TMs have goals to meet for their shift (zone, reshop, end caps, attachments, fresh and full, etc) so why shouldn't cashiers? I understand that its awkward and it may seem like harassment to some people but its not. We're all judged on performance here (realistic or not) and it isn't fair to say cashiers shouldn't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back