Pet Peeves at work

sometimes people call me “TL [insert my name]” over the walkie and I am not, so it makes me rage. mainly because then i suddenly remember that they make me do like 50 times more than my job description.

someone called me that tonight after like six closing (front end) callouts that i somehow had to make work (closing etl literally did not check in once) and i yelled in TSC “I DONT KNOW HER” ... then calmly answered the walkie

Automatically assuming the bathroom is open without knocking. I hope they enjoy the face plant
I actually hate knocking on the bathroom door, and I hate it when people knock when I'm in there. Weird, I know, but I'm a bit hard of hearing and I just don't like yelling through doors, especially when one is doing one's business. I try the door handle without pushing forward to see if it's locked. If it is, I quietly step away.

I actually hate knocking on the bathroom door, and I hate it when people knock when I'm in there. Weird, I know, but I'm a bit hard of hearing and I just don't like yelling through doors, especially when one is doing one's business. I try the door handle without pushing forward to see if it's locked. If it is, I quietly step away.

I don't mind that. The ones I'm mentioning are the ones who come at the door with a full head of steam and simultaneously mash the handle and try to come in. A TL actually unlocked the door doing that and opened the door on someone.

And if they take to long then I rattle the handle.

sometimes people call me “TL [insert my name]” over the walkie and I am not, so it makes me rage. mainly because then i suddenly remember that they make me do like 50 times more than my job description.

someone called me that tonight after like six closing (front end) callouts that i somehow had to make work (closing etl literally did not check in once) and i yelled in TSC “I DONT KNOW HER” ... then calmly answered the walkie

Are they still making you act as GSA? They're not supposed to exist anymore.

• Guests who obviously try to socially distance from other guests, but pretend they don't see TMs and shove past them in the aisles.
  • Anyone who snaps their fingers or whistles to try to get a TM's attention.
  • TMs who leave the empty casepack/shipper on the backroom shelf.
  • Anyone who leaves their walkie on in the break room.
  • TMs and vendors who try to walk underneath the Crown while I'm pulling a pallet down.
  • Guests who let their kids touch and play with everything in Toys, but have no intention of actually buying anything there.
  • Guests who touch everything but have no intention on actually buying any of it.
  • Bullseye reshop that somehow ends up ALL OVER the store.

Are they still making you act as GSA? They're not supposed to exist anymore.
I know. We’re high volume and have had trouble keeping a TL, so me and another have kept getting scheduled as it under Service and Engagement TL on the grid.

It’s worse now though because one day our ETL will tell us we’re just advocates, we have no authority to do anything (i’m talking like asking a TM to cover SCO for a break), and anyone can do as good as a job as me (literally had this convo with every guest service tm with me present for each convo), but when something goes wrong, it’s “well, what could you have done to avoided that” and lots of condescension. Also, my ETL will straight up ask GS to go to 4 when they call her and she’ll go on 4 and say, “call [insert my name].”

Here's another one I can't stand is when I will tell them I will be right there yet there they will still go and yell hello give me just minute or two and wait.

Oooh! That reminds me- guests who hit the call button multiple times! IE, they hit the electronics button, the electronics TM is in back pulling an item for another guest so a nearby TM clears it and tells them the electronics TM will be right with them, then they hit the button again once the other TM walks away.

It’s worse now though because one day our ETL will tell us we’re just advocates, we have no authority to do anything

Since I'm a cranky bitch, I would take this to mean I should call said ETL anytime any decision needs making, ever, and remind them that they told me I don't have authority to do anything so obviously they want to handle this themselves, smile, blink blink blink...

Back